Straight Talk Question
My wife has a company provided phone with a Straight Talk 1 year plan. We want to upgrade her phone to a smartphone, but all of the phones on Straight Talk's web site say they are only compatible with the $30 or $45 monthly plans. Even the Bring Your Own Phone program seems to only work with the $45 monthly plan.
Is there any way to use a smartphone with the 1 year plan?
- 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM #2
- 48 Posts
One can pay a year in advance for the $45 a month plan and I think the $30 plan as well. It depends on if the one year plan was purchased for the $30 a month rate or the $45 monthly rate. If it is not a smartphone, it is probably at the $30 a month rate, that's my guess. I don't think you can use a smart phone on the $30 plan. Especially not a bring your own phone.
Posted via Android Central App
Re: Straight Talk Question
The one year plan with Straight Talk is the same as the $45 unlimited plan. It costs $495 (basically you get one month free). Apparently prepaying (by buying a 6 or 12 month plan) isn't allowed if you want to use a smartphone. No idea why.
Oh well. Thanks for replying.
- By Phil Nickinson in forum Qualcomm Toq SmartwatchReplies: 85Last Post: 01-17-2014, 07:15 PM
- By Lisa Patton in forum HTC One SReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM
- By Libin Cheeran in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2013, 07:01 PM
- By grn4frk in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 6Last Post: 12-07-2013, 05:52 PM
- By Gwaron in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2013, 03:56 PM