HTC One on Straight Talk

Sn0wflak3

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought an ATT HTC One the other day and installed a ST sim and changed my APN settings with no problems. I had great bars and 4G LTE. Within 24 hours I had no service, no data nothing. I spoke with ST and they reset their system and my phone began working again. 24 hours later it did the same thing. I called ATT and verified again that the phone was clean. Called ST and they reset it again and it worked perfect. They said that it was an issue with ATT, that they havent released the phone from their service. I have never had this problem before even after I left ATT with my iPhones for ST. Now it has done it again. Can someone help?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try Solavei they will actually try and fix the issue. ST will only do what they have done already and just reset things. ATT might help if you really get upset with them but they can be unrealistically firm with being right and never elevate your issue to the proper department.

I switched a phone from ATT to ST and got stuck with the device never getting data at all. Going to Solavei they contacted ATT and got the phone released and working on their network within an hour.

twitchthecat

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My post to the ST website. I think they are refusing to post my updates because I complained that there tech support was basically useless.

I have an HTC One from ATT and used the BYOP program to get the micro-sim and service. Everything went fine for a while, I was able to send and receive picture messages without a hassle using the ST service.

Then MMS stopped working. The only change between when it was working and now is that the phone's software was updated OTA to Android 4.4.2.

Data works - I can connect to the internet over the 4G network.
Text messages work.
MMS fails sending and receiving.

I have tried multiple apn combinations without luck. These are the APN settings that were recommended by ST:

APN Settings

FIELD SETTINGS
NAME STRAIGHT_TALK
APN tfdata
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
MMS PORT 80
MMS_APN tfdata

I would appreciate guidance to get this up and running or clear information as to whether this is a limitation of the ST service.

Edit: I was told by ST tech support that they don't guarantee service on BYOP phones and that the SIM cards used in BYOP phones are different from the SIM cards used in phones purchased from straight talk, even if it's the same make and model. If there are HTC One ST users who have MMS working, please provide your APN settings and any other information that might be useful.

atkichr

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
When I had straight talk I just used hangouts and things worked fine. Now I'm on aio and have no problems with picture messaging.

Posted via Android Central App