Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Boost Mobile: Paying More for Less

Looking at the Boost Mobile unlimited plan for $35/mo, I thought it would be a nice combo with the Moto G. Until I realized the $35 price is for LTE phones only. (promotional price for 6 months)

Let me see if I got this right. If I have an LTE phone I can pay $35 to get 2.5GB at high speed and then get throttled for the rest of the month. Or I can pay $55 and get throttled speed the whole month with a phone like the Moto G.

Default Re: Boost Mobile: Paying More for Less

I got a text with a link to this

http://boost.tmce.biz/throttling2_no_effect_ENGLISH

Announcing their new throttling scheme. If I got any data from them to speak of I'd be pretty p***** off. :-/

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Talk about lame. Oh well! Thats why I have yet to go Prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    Looking at the Boost Mobile unlimited plan for $35/mo, I thought it would be a nice combo with the Moto G. Until I realized the $35 price is for LTE phones only. (promotional price for 6 months)

Let me see if I got this right. If I have an LTE phone I can pay $35 to get 2.5GB at high speed and then get throttled for the rest of the month. Or I can pay $55 and get throttled speed the whole month with a phone like the Moto G.
    Unicorn Rancher, what's your source for the "regular" BM plan being throttled all month without LTE?

Edited to add: I have an LTE device on Boost Mobile's regular plan, is why I ask. They never indicated that I wouldn't get LTE data if it were available in my area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Talk about lame. Oh well! Thats why I have yet to go Prepaid.
    Postpaid isn't necessarily better (especially if it involves Sprint). On the whole, BM has been a better value than I ever had postpaid with Sprint. But now with their recent hijinks it isn't really worth it to me to stick with them waiting for the network to be improved. :-/

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Postpaid isn't necessarily better (especially if it involves Sprint). On the whole, BM has been a better value than I ever had postpaid with Sprint. But now with their recent hijinks it isn't really worth it to me to stick with them waiting for the network to be improved. :-/

I agree! Thats why I ditched Sprint and went with att instead. Much better data coverage and it was not to bad on the wallet. But there are 2 lines on my account for 10 gigs of data and the rest is unlimited for $110.00 a month with my employee discount. I'd check them out.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Unicorn Rancher, what's your source for the "regular" BM plan being throttled all month without LTE?
    On a phone with LTE, a new customer can pay $35 per month for 4G for the first 2.5 GB, after which data is reduced to 3G speed for the rest of the month. (until 5/6/14 it seems)
    On a phone like the Moto G without LTE they're stuck at 3G speed for the entire month. For that a new Boost Mobile customer would pay $55 per month.

I agree! Thats why I ditched Sprint and went with att instead. Much better data coverage and it was not to bad on the wallet. But there are 2 lines on my account for 10 gigs of data and the rest is unlimited for $110.00 a month with my employee discount. I'd check them out.
    Thanks, I do plan to switch to an ATT prepaid, maybe Straight Talk, or I'd even try Go Phone although it's more expensive. I have to pay my Sprint etf so everything's been on hold. :/

On a phone with LTE, a new customer can pay $35 per month for 4G for the first 2.5 GB, after which data is reduced to 3G speed for the rest of the month. (until 5/6/14 it seems)
    On a phone like the Moto G without LTE they're stuck at 3G speed for the entire month. For that a new Boost Mobile customer would pay $55 per month.
    No, I doubt that's how it works. I'm pretty sure they'd get the $35 deal too, but they wouldn't get LTE speeds assuming they're even available. I think UJ95x is right that BM probably doesn't know the difference.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Thanks, I do plan to switch to an ATT prepaid, maybe Straight Talk, or I'd even try Go Phone although it's more expensive. I have to pay my Sprint etf so everything's been on hold. :/

Even postpaid has become pretty cheap! Check out the new 2gig plan. Its like $65 off contract before taxes and state fees.

Even postpaid has become pretty cheap! Check out the new 2gig plan. Its like $65 off contract before taxes and state fees.
    Good to know, thanks.

cgardnervt likes this.

ROM
    MIUI

I'm on boost but not sure how much data I use. I'll just stick with it until I start getting throttled then I'll move to T-Mobile or something. They are no contract and have good phones. Plus good coverage for my area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

No, I doubt that's how it works. I'm pretty sure they'd get the $35 deal too
    You may be sure but please pardon my skepticism until somebody gets the $35 promo price with a sub-$100 Moto G bought at Target etc.

Terms and Conditions on the promo website says "Offer available only for Boost 4G LTE devices activating on a new monthly account."
    http://www.boostmobile.com/35plan/?i...monthly_banner

You may be sure but please pardon my skepticism until somebody gets the $35 promo price with a sub-$100 Moto G bought at Target etc.

Terms and Conditions on the promo website says "Offer available only for Boost 4G LTE devices activating on a new monthly account."
    http://www.boostmobile.com/35plan/?i...monthly_banner
    Thank you for the quote, I hadn't seen that. I wonder what they'll actually do or if they're aware of the nonsensical pricing.

I am currently with boost mobile and am not truly satisfied with their service because they have restricted my data speeds, I know I know I get what I pay for.
    But here is the kicker, I was looking into sprint because of the unlimited data but when I asked about porting my number that I've had for 8+ years (moved from Verizon to boost) I was told sprint could not port my number, if I'd want sprint service I would have to get a new number.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Stephany Ridenour View Post
    I am currently with boost mobile and am not truly satisfied with their service because they have restricted my data speeds, I know I know I get what I pay for.
    But here is the kicker, I was looking into sprint because of the unlimited data but when I asked about porting my number that I've had for 8+ years (moved from Verizon to boost) I was told sprint could not port my number, if I'd want sprint service I would have to get a new number.

The person you spoke to must be wrong since that's the first I'm hearing about it... Who said that, someone in a store or Sprint cs over the phone? Both are a crap shoot anyway.

Was told by sprint store manager, I thought it was odd as well so now I am looking at others like T-Mobile & AT&T. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephany Ridenour View Post
    Was told by sprint store manager, I thought it was odd as well so now I am looking at others like T-Mobile & AT&T. Any suggestions?

I'll go with att sweetie ☺😄

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk