Straight Talk tethering question
I have an AT&T based ZTE Avail 2 with an AT&T compatible Straight Talk sim card.
Before, when I had AT&T, I used FoxFi to USB tether to my laptop. Now that I have Straight Talk, however, FoxFi will work only as far as connecting my phone to my computer; the internet part doesn't work.
The icon shows that the connection is there, but it has that caution symbol meaning there's no internet access. I tried to go to a page and it really does not work.
Does anyone know of a way that I could continue to tether my phone with Straight Talk? A different app or something?
Another detail is that my APN is tfdata and not att.mvno. I tried changing it to that just to see if it would work, but no luck.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-13-2014, 10:11 PM #2
- 2,627 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Straight Talk tethering question
Straight Talk does not allow tethering. If your detected your phone will get blacklisted and will not be able to be reactivated.
- By Stump3r in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 20Last Post: 10-06-2016, 10:47 PM
- By jkrc717 in forum Nokia XReplies: 2Last Post: 09-01-2014, 05:44 AM
- By TatedutaWin in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 04-14-2014, 07:28 AM
- By Justin Gallo in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 04-14-2014, 02:41 AM
- By Justin Gallo in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 04-13-2014, 05:46 PM