Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts

Default Anybody using RingPlus Mobile?

Does anybody have any experience using RingPlus? From what I can tell they use Sprint's network, but I suspect they use some kind of hybrid Sprint-VOIP model because the prices might be the lowest I've seen. I'm sure the service would be mediocre at best, but I'd be interested if somebody tried it and what their experience was like. Thanks.

Default Re: Anybody using RingPlus Mobile?

I just recently signed on with R+ and I'm happy so far. They do not use a VoIP model, but rather regular cell towers for calls. Call quality so far has been fine. When you make a call, you hear an ad instead of ringing. After about the third call I made, I stopped even hearing the ads, LOL. I just tune them out like music on hold.
    I tried FreedomPop (which [I]does[I] use VoIP) but discovered that the call quality wasn't good enough for me to rely on it.
    I came to R+ from Virgin Mobile, which I had for years and never really had a major complaint about. At $35/month, it was certainly cheap, but still more than I really needed (300 minutes, unlimited text and data.) With RingPlus, I get 400 minutes, 400 texts, and 500mb of data for $12/month including taxes. I never come close to hitting even these limits, so the R+ plan fits me better.
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by veg-o-matic View Post
    I just recently signed on with R+ and I'm happy so far.
    Are you using one of your old Virgin Mobile phones?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Are you using one of your old Virgin Mobile phones?
    Nope, they don't allow VM phones. I had to get a new one, which was fine with me. I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy S3 which I love. Got it from Mobile Karma for $170 refurbished, and you can't tell it's not a new phone. On VM I had an HTC EVO 3D which was all right, but I'd had it for over a year so it was time to upgrade
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

i been using Ringplus for almost a year. i never been happier with a carrier and i been mobile since 1995. customer service is easy to deal with. prices are great. wifi calling as a backup just in case of no Sprint network. top notch
    Thanked by:
    jdbii