Best Prepaid Carrier

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
So I'm looking for somewhere to bring my T-Mobile iPhone 5S to. I have the $50 1GB plan on Tmo right now and I'm fed up with their coverage. I love everything about Tmo but their coverage is crap compared to AT&T. So I'm looking for a AT&T based carrier to bring my iPhone 5s to. What are your suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Well if you like ATT coverage and looking for an MVNO why not try Straight Talk. 45.00 for unlim text/data and 3GB of LTE. You can get either Tmo (which you have said you don't want) or ATT. Good luck.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So I'm looking for somewhere to bring my T-Mobile iPhone 5S to. I have the $50 1GB plan on Tmo right now and I'm fed up with their coverage. I love everything about Tmo but their coverage is crap compared to AT&T. So I'm looking for a AT&T based carrier to bring my iPhone 5s to. What are your suggestions?

Well I'm thinking about switching to the $30 Tmo for 5GB of LTE plan. Can anyone compete with them at that price?

If you are unhappy with T-Mobile's coverage then why stay with them? I know it is cheaper using the $30 plan but if your coverage is horrible, it would not be worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Straight talk LTE is pretty slow in some areas. As in HSPA slow. Keep an eye on your speeds if you try them. Net10 is basically the same product. Even Crickets LTE is throttled to 8 mbps. You could go with a non LTE carrier and save some battery by leaving the LTE radio off.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I might just stay with Tmo for a few more months. I'll probably just switch to AT&T prepaid. It's only $10 more than straight talk but you won't run into straight talk problems.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
So I could get AT&T for 2GB @ $55 and 4GB @ $85. GoPhone prepaid is at $60 for 2.5GB. And I can add 1GB for $10 more. I think I might go with Gophone because I can add data to it at a cheaper rate.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I could get AT&T for 2GB @ $55 and 4GB @ $85. GoPhone prepaid is at $60 for 2.5GB. And I can add 1GB for $10 more. I think I might go with Gophone because I can add data to it at a cheaper rate.

Have you looked at Cricket Wireless? They use att towers and they are owned by att as well. If not I'd look into them just to see if they have a plan that fits your needs.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at Cricket Wireless? They use att towers and they are owned by att as well. If not I'd look into them just to see if they have a plan that fits your needs.

Well GoPhone on AT&T seems a little bit better because it's $55 for 2 GB and Cricket is $50 for 2GB but it's throttled to 8Mbps. That's too slow for me. Sometimes I need the extra burst of speed and I'm willing to pay for like 4x the speed. And I'm aware that Cricket is $45 with the Autopay thing. And I don't want to deal with their customer service. Sprint was horrible. I've heard that Straight Talk is kinda bad. I've had Cricket and it isn't that great. AT&T has good customer service. Haven't ever had them as a carrier but I've had to call them a few times and it was pretty good. I'll switch back to Tmo when their A Block spectrum gets deployed. Which will be around Late 2015 Q1 and Early 2015 Q2.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well GoPhone on AT&T seems a little bit better because it's $55 for 2 GB and Cricket is $50 for 2GB but it's throttled to 8Mbps. That's too slow for me. Sometimes I need the extra burst of speed and I'm willing to pay for like 4x the speed. And I'm aware that Cricket is $45 with the Autopay thing. And I don't want to deal with their customer service. Sprint was horrible. I've heard that Straight Talk is kinda bad. I've had Cricket and it isn't that great. AT&T has good customer service. Haven't ever had them as a carrier but I've had to call them a few times and it was pretty good. I'll switch back to Tmo when their A Block spectrum gets deployed. Which will be around Late 2015 Q1 and Early 2015 Q2.

Cricket is now owned and operated by att. They have the same service. But yes they will slow you down to 8 megs. If thats a deal breaker than GoPhone is the way to go! Let us know how it turns out! :) Good luck!

CJ