Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Droid 4 on Straight Talk?

A friend of mine, currently on Virgin Mobile, currently has a dying Kyocera Rise, and wants a better phone. He needs a smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard, but there's nothing better than the Rise on Virgin, so he's looking at putting a Droid 4 and putting it on Straight Talk. The phone compatibility checker on Straight Talk's website isn't exactly helpful, even after entering the phone's IMEI, and I can't find any definite information online through various Google searches whether the Droid 4 works on Straight Talk.

I know the Droid 4 is an LTE phone and has a SIM slot, but I've heard reports that there's a block on US GSM carriers, ruling out the ability to use Straight Talk's AT&T- or T-Mobile-compatible SIM cards.

Has anyone had any experience with putting the Droid 4 on Straight Talk? If the Droid 4 doesn't work Straight Talk, anyone know of any comparable QWERTY smartphones that do work on Straight Talk?

Default Re: Droid 4 on Straight Talk?

Go to their website and go to the byop section. They Will Tell You If Your Phone is compatible.

Posted via Android Central App