Leave Sprint, and to which carrier

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Spint plan, 450 anytime minutes, unlimited data, with Iphone 4 so 3g speeds. Use 250 minutes and only once went over 1gig of data. With taxes $82 a month

Options:

Go to Cspire, $50 prepaid, 500 anytime minutes, 5 gig data, and get a phone, may have to go with not the newest model.

Tmobile has 2 options
1) I can do a postpaid, $50 plan, and get an HTC One, and I think with the monthly phone payment, I will still be around $82 a month, but a new phone and Tmobile has faster speeds for 4 g
or
2) I can do their $30 plan prepaid and I think I can buy 1000 minutes for $100 which makes my monthly costs around $40 a month,no taxes, and I may have to get an older model, or mid tier phone

Id consider Virgin or Boost, or Cricket also

Any suggestions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you want the m8,might suggest Verizon loyalty $50 plan with 1gb data and unlimited talk and text. You can get the m8 for $100 on contract now.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Darth. Both ways. I want to save money. I can reup with sprint and get a new HTC for 200. I can go with t mobile and with their payment plan on the phone save $6 a month with faster speeds but 1 gig or so data. The $50 plan. Cspire has a 50 prepaid but I'd have to get an older phone but don't know coverage or speeds

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked into the BYOP with Ting?
Although Ting runs on the Sprint network, you can tailor your specific needs in minutes, texts, and data.
My contract with Sprint ends in Dec and have the LG Optimus G and have no qualms with the phone and will mostly likely go with Ting and my bill will be about $50 total as opposed to $91.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I went TMobile. HTC One M8 on the extended pay. $50 a month gets my unlimited texts and calls and 1 gig data at 4g and then I get throttled. I have only once gone over 1 gig in a month so I wont know how the throttle looks until it happens. I can pay $60 and get 3 gig data which will be $12 a month cheaper and taxes, so like $15 a month cheaper and that can go to the cost of my phone. I can always be more aware and try to use Wifi when I can

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I went TMobile. HTC One M8 on the extended pay. $50 a month gets my unlimited texts and calls and 1 gig data at 4g and then I get throttled. I have only once gone over 1 gig in a month so I wont know how the throttle looks until it happens. I can pay $60 and get 3 gig data which will be $12 a month cheaper and taxes, so like $15 a month cheaper and that can go to the cost of my phone. I can always be more aware and try to use Wifi when I can

And music streaming and SpeedTest doesn't count against your data cap. My iPhone says 4.7GB used. Tmo says only 200MB used. Usually bout a 14GB used at the end of a month but only 1.5GB actually used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm also on Sprint, and looking to move mostly to get access to unlocked, international phones. (This year it is the Sony Xperia x3 compact I am eyeing.) But I live and travel to places with limited coverage. My Sprint phone sometimes roams (which is okay) and I'd lose that with Virgin. My husband's T-Mobile phone often has no coverage. So I'm looking for something no more expensive than Sprint that can use at&t bands, which seen to have better coverage.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm also on Sprint, and looking to move mostly to get access to unlocked, international phones. (This year it is the Sony Xperia x3 compact I am eyeing.) But I live and travel to places with limited coverage. My Sprint phone sometimes roams (which is okay) and I'd lose that with Virgin. My husband's T-Mobile phone often has no coverage. So I'm looking for something no more expensive than Sprint that can use at&t bands, which seen to have better coverage.

I'd check out Cricket Wireless for prepaid service or just getting att postpaid account. Cricket is owned by att but the speeds are capped. LTE is 8 megs down and HSPA+ is 4 megs down. However their data buckets are great and cheap. Service is the same as postpaid customers on their own towers.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd check out Cricket Wireless for prepaid service or just getting att postpaid account. Cricket is owned by att but the speeds are capped. LTE is 8 megs down and HSPA+ is 4 megs down. However their data buckets are great and cheap. Service is the same as postpaid customers on their own towers.

I like Black Wireless (ATT). $30 a month for unlimited talk/text, and 500mb data. In my town, if you're a comcast customer, they offer free wifi all over town so I don't need a crazy data plan. Plus, it seems every store, bar, and fast food place all have wifi. I don't know why people need so much carrier data these days.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have WiFi at work, the WiFi on my train sucks, and I usually don't have WiFi on vacation. I use a little less than a gig a month

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I like Black Wireless (ATT). $30 a month for unlimited talk/text, and 500mb data. In my town, if you're a comcast customer, they offer free wifi all over town so I don't need a crazy data plan. Plus, it seems every store, bar, and fast food place all have wifi. I don't know why people need so much carrier data these days.

1) Streaming music
2) Streaming movies.
3) 2-3 email accounts

And so on. Just to name a few. plus its just more secure.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Personally I absolutely dislike Cricket. I recently tried to switch to them with my Nexus 5. Everything worked except the internet. I did everything... APN, reboot, they tried some magic on their end... Even did a factory reset. Nothing. They promised to put me on the priority list for the engineers.. It would be 48 hours. I gave them the 48 hours and ran back to T-Mobile. I did not have any trouble with T-Mobile... Just checking out Cricket with their offer.

I had thought it was a problem with my phone outside of T-Mobile but my wife's Straight Talk Sim worked instantly.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally I absolutely dislike Cricket. I recently tried to switch to them with my Nexus 5. Everything worked except the internet. I did everything... APN, reboot, they tried some magic on their end... Even did a factory reset. Nothing. They promised to put me on the priority list for the engineers.. It would be 48 hours. I gave them the 48 hours and ran back to T-Mobile. I did not have any trouble with T-Mobile... Just checking out Cricket with their offer.

I had thought it was a problem with my phone outside of T-Mobile but my wife's Straight Talk Sim worked instantly.

Its more than likely an APN settings. I setup my girlfriends parents 3 phones all with 0 issues. They get great service and good data speeds.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Its more than likely an APN settings. I setup my girlfriends parents 3 phones all with 0 issues. They get great service and good data speeds.
I wish it was. That would have been simple. Tried every APN I could find. Would not work on my Nexus 5 nor my wife's Moto G.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish it was. That would have been simple. Tried every APN I could find. Would not work on my Nexus 5 nor my wife's Moto G.

Hmm not to sure. I had doubled checked with them yesterday because of this post and they confirmed they are still up an working. Sorry it didnt work for ya! I used the APN settings off of their web site.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Hmm not to sure. I had doubled checked with them yesterday because of this post and they confirmed they are still up an working. Sorry it didnt work for ya! I used the APN settings off of their web site.
That is the first one I tried. That is why I think it was the card or something on their end. Two different phones in the same household should not have the same problem with the official APNs if it is a working Sim properly on the network from their end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol