Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone won't ring goes straight to voice mail

I was having issues with my phone not ringing (LG volt) on boost network. I tried a factory reset, checked all my settings and it still would go straight to voicemail. After reading various post and I tried all the suggestions. I think I figured it out. I went to setting , more, mobile networks, under network mode and changed it from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. This seems to have done the job. I don't know if it is carrier specific or coverage area specific but it is not a device problem. I am on android 4.4.2

Default Re: Phone won't ring goes straight to voice mail

Thanks so much for posting this solution!! I have made 2 separate calls to the Virgin Mobile help desk, and they insisted that I have to contact the carriers of the people trying to contact me!!! Your post saved me the trouble of future calls and frustration!

Default Re: Phone won't ring goes straight to voice mail

My new Amazon Fire Phone went straight to VM on Cricket. Customer service se habla espanol and was useless. I found the problem myself. For the Amazon Firephone to work on Cricket Wireless, go to Settings > Wi-Fi & Networks > Change your mobile network operator > Access Point Names. Select Cricket (in my case instead of ATT Phone). Now the phone rings just fine...