Texting issue on Cricket

Jcicora

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't really know where else to post this, so please direct me elsewhere as appropriate.

My wife is in a Cricket Moto G. Seemingly at random, when receiving a text, the first portion of the text is missing, ie only getting the 2nd half of a sentence. The one common thread I've been able to determine is that it happens when receiving texts from a T-Mobile subscriber.

Please help...

milaa

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this same problem, except I have a Moto X on Cricket. Messages longer than 160 characters from MetroPCS or T-Mobile users will only give me the last segment of the message. I'm running Android 4.4.3 and didn't have this problem when using the phone on T-Mobile.

Jcicora

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you ran all of the core updates? Apps/software/firmware alike? What version of Android are you on?
The phone is running 4.4.2 She is using the generic massaging app and everything is up to date per the Play Store. Using other messaging apps doesn't seem to make a difference.

milaa

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Cricket by chat today and explained the problem. She had me take a few steps, including turning off the phone and taking out the SIM card while she did a network refresh. At the end, I was able to receive long text messages from Tmobile and MetroPCS users.

Hope that helps.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Cricket by chat today and explained the problem. She had me take a few steps, including turning off the phone and taking out the SIM card while she did a network refresh. At the end, I was able to receive long text messages from Tmobile and MetroPCS users.

Hope that helps.

It could be Tmo's side as well. It might not be Cricket. Not 100% sure but I am tossing that out there!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante