Why is my browser very slow to load webpages on my S4 Mini?

NormalGuy44

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Browser is very slow to load webpages on S4 Mini

I have the Straight Talk branded Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I'm using the Straight talk $45 a month 5 GB plan. I just refilled my service yesterday so I'm 100% sure I'm not getting data throttled. Problem is that webpages are loading VERY slowly. It takes about a full minute to load a webpage. This happens in the phone's browser and in Chrome. Weird thing is the YouTube app and Google Maps app are both working fine and load lightning fast. I'm getting 4G data. I'm not sure what's going on with loading webpages. If no/poor connection was the problem then YouTube wouldn't work so well. I contacted Straight Talk customer service and they were useless. They said it was network congestion in my area (Nashua, NH). I pointed out that YouTube is lightning fast and they didn't know what to say. Any ideas on how to get my web browsing back up to speed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Browser is very slow to load webpages on S4 Mini

Try google.com - that's about the fastest page I can find. If it's slow, try Speed Test by SpeedSpot to see what's happening.

If that still doesn't give you any clues, try Traceroute. It could be a network problem from NH to where you're going. (Straight Talk isn't always wrong - just almost always.)