HELP!! 3G working on iPhone, but not LG G3???

iTzxZac

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm a previous owner of an iPhone 5S that I used 3G data on but recently switched to an LG G3. Everything went smoothly except I only receive an EDGE connection on my LG G3, which confuses me because I have the exact settings from my iPhone. My iPhone works on 3G in my area, but the LG G3 doesn't? I've contacted my carrier iWireless, but they, unfortunately, cannot help me on this issue due to the LG G3 not being a phone that they sell, so they aren't familiar with it. All leave screenshots below showing settings in comparison to my iPhone, and hopefully, someone can help me! I appreciate you reading this, and if you can give me a hand, please comment.

I have it set to GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto. It picks up EDGE. When I force it on WCDMA(3G), it loses service.
Start.jpg

Exact internet settings on both.
APN Internet comparision.jpg

Exact MMS settings on both (top part) (I realise the MMS PROXY has a 32, and the iPhone has a 31, but MMS has no correlation to the data service, so this shouldn't affect it.)
MMS comparision part 1.jpg

Exact MMS settings on both (bottom part) (I realise the MMS PROXY has a 32, and the iPhone has a 31, but MMS has no correlation to the data service, so this shouldn't affect it.)
MMS comparision part 2.jpg

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't 100% remember but the LG G3 may not be capable of 3G. It may only be capable of Edge, 4G and LTE. Why not switch to a carrier that provides better service in your area? I mean like LTE service instead of slow 3G/Edge service?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Radios vary by chip. It could bet that you're on the edge of service and the G3 doesn't have as strong a radio as the iPhone.

Here's a map for you to decide if that's the case. Coverage - iWireless

Which model of G3 did you buy? Did you make sure the wireless bands matched?

iTzxZac

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't 100% remember but the LG G3 may not be capable of 3G. It may only be capable of Edge, 4G and LTE. Why not switch to a carrier that provides better service in your area? I mean like LTE service instead of slow 3G/Edge service?
I was recently on vacation in michigan and had "Data Roaming" set to on and found myself getting 3G and upwards from AT&T so I know the phone is capable of doing 3G and upwards. I've thought about switching, but this just happens to be my currect carrier.

Radios vary by chip. It could bet that you're on the edge of service and the G3 doesn't have as strong a radio as the iPhone.

I bought a LG G3 D855 Unlocked GSM. I pretty sure the bands are LTE 700/800/900/1800/2100/2300/2600.

iTzxZac

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
I was recently in Michigan with "Data Roaming" on and found myself using 3G and upwards when connected to AT&T so I assume it's capable of it. It just happens to be the carrier I'm currently on, I might look into switching in the future if I can't fix this.

Radios vary by chip. It could bet that you're on the edge of service and the G3 doesn't have as strong a radio as the iPhone. Also if it's the case that it's not as strong as the iPhone to pickup the 3G, could switching to a newer model such as the LG V10 or LG G4 or LG G5 fix that?

I bought an LG G3 D855 Unlocked GSM with LTE 700/800/900/1800/2100/2300/2600. Here's the actual listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/141917110707?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited:

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I was recently in Michigan with "Data Roaming" on and found myself using 3G and upwards when connected to AT&T so I assume it's capable of it. It just happens to be the carrier I'm currently on, I might look into switching in the future if I can't fix this.

I bought an LG G3 D855 Unlocked GSM with LTE 700/800/900/1800/2100/2300/2600. Here's the actual listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/141917110707?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Information is REALLY hard to come by, but... it looks fine.

FAQs - iWireless

The 3G bands should be supported on the D855 assuming they're using the two they listed in that FAQ.

I'd guess you're out of range by a bit.

iTzxZac

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Just an update to everyone, my phone wasn't compatible for 3G or higher with my cell providers towers so I upgraded to the LG G4 and I'm on 4G now :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21