ZTE Valet: Can You Post the Pictures and Videos It Takes?

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Greg,
Is it true that apps on my ZTE will be stored on the internal memory and will NOT be stored on the 32G memory card that I want to purchase?
DebraK

Some apps can be moved to your microSD card. But others are fixed to the internal memory. Rooting was mentioned to fix this issue but I have not seen a lot of info on rooting this particular phone and rooting is not for the faint of heart. Maybe with time, more information will surface about rooting, then you'll be able to move more apps to the SD.

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
ZTE VALET Does anyone know where to find cases for the ZTE Valet? Tracfone says they have no accessories for the ZTE.

Cases for Valet, Fury, or Director are all the same. I bought a case for a ZTE Fury and it fits my Valet perfectly. Actually, I found the rubberized cases the best. The pure plastic ones are too slippery IMO.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine on Amazon. Try this link: Amazon.com: reiko cell phone case ZTE Fury/Director

Also, ebay has many. Just search cases for ZTE Valet or Fury

My replacement ZTE phone was received and checked out.
I ordered a similar case from Amazon at a bit more ($7.99 delivered) but it is a package including a silicon rubber case, screen protector and stylus (always can use 1 more!). Will report back on it when received.
Amazon.com: 3-in-1 Bundle For ZTE Fury N850/Valet Z665c/Director N850L - Soft Rubber Silicone Skin Cover (Black)+ICE-CLEAR(TM) Screen Protector Shield(Ultra Clear)+Touch Screen Stylus: Cell Phones & Accessories

Update: Receive today. Forget it! Stylus-fine! Screen protector-OK (1st one I've done-no hints to get bubble, dust free). Case is ng! 3 of the cutouts weren't-just 'embossed' and cutting them out wasn't very good. Asked for a replacement.

Update 2-Seller claims it is as it should be, without cutouts for volume, power or camera buttons. However, Amazon ad/specs says it should have them for all ports and buttons. I posted an unfavorable review.

Last edited:

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
My replacement ZTE phone was received and checked out.
I ordered a similar case from Amazon at a bit more ($7.99 delivered) but it is a package including a silicon rubber case, screen protector and stylus (always can use 1 more!). Will report back on it when received.
Amazon.com: 3-in-1 Bundle For ZTE Fury N850/Valet Z665c/Director N850L - Soft Rubber Silicone Skin Cover (Black)+ICE-CLEAR(TM) Screen Protector Shield(Ultra Clear)+Touch Screen Stylus: Cell Phones & Accessories

I probably shouldn't have given link showing Reiko covers. That just happens to be the brand I bought. I'm sure there are many other brands that work great. However, I did buy one that was miserable to get to fit and when I did, I hated it since it was not rubberized. It was like trying to hold a wet bar of soap.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Wrj54: Thanks for the link and in my searches on Amazon I hadn't caught the Reiko. I think it is OK to post a link on where you got a product and liked it. That's one of the pluses of these forums.

patagium

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Greg,
Is it true that apps on my ZTE will be stored on the internal memory and will NOT be stored on the 32G memory card that I want to purchase?
DebraK
There are apps available on the Play Store that can move downloaded apps to the SD card. I use Advanced SD Card Manager and works for me, but you may want to check out other like apps.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Patagium,
Thanks so much for that correction of what I said! It's great that the apps can really be moved to the SD Memory card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There are apps available on the Play Store that can move downloaded apps to the SD card. I use Advanced SD Card Manager and works for me, but you may want to check out other like apps.

I use Clean Master which reminds me to move-if it can- when installed. However, not all apps can. Does the app you use move all?

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Amazon.com: Trident Case AG-ZTE-DIR-TG Aegis Series Case for ZTE Director - Retail Packaging - Green: Cell Phones & Accessories
I probably shouldn't have given link showing Reiko covers. That just happens to be the brand I bought. I'm sure there are many other brands that work great. However, I did buy one that was miserable to get to fit and when I did, I hated it since it was not rubberized. It was like trying to hold a wet bar of soap.

I'm getting the Valet for Christmas and have already bought a case. I wanted an hybrid for extra protection and found the Trident Ageis listed under ZTE Director. Cases and screen protector for the ZTE Fury and Director both work with the Valet. The Trident case is a little more than I would have normally spent on a case, but it seems like it will be worth it. Here's a link for the one I got, the price includes shipping and they sell it in many colors.

Amazon.com: Trident Case AG-ZTE-DIR-TG Aegis Series Case for ZTE Director - Retail Packaging - Green: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you'd like more information on the case you can check out their website where they have some videos too. Amazon's price is a lot better than ordering from Trident, by the way.

Aegis Case for ZTE Director

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the Valet for Christmas and have already bought a case. I wanted an hybrid for extra protection and found the Trident Ageis listed under ZTE Director. Cases and screen protector for the ZTE Fury and Director both work with the Valet.

I had a lot of trouble with the screen protector on my ZTE Valet Android phone and had to take it off. In a brightly lit room or outdoors during the day, the light interfered with phone calls causing the screen to fade in and out. Just an FYI.

brattyc

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble with the screen protector on my ZTE Valet Android phone and had to take it off. In a brightly lit room or outdoors during the day, the light interfered with phone calls causing the screen to fade in and out. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the information :). I don't use my phone that much, just for emergencies or seeing if my mom needs something if I'm out shopping. I found some on Amazon for the Valet and they seem to have a lot of good reviews and don't like to use the phone without a screen protector, I've seen too many screens get scratches all over them to do without.

Here's a link to the ones I got, maybe they're something you could use.
http://www.amazon.com/SUPERSHIELDZ-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3344160

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting the Valet for Christmas and have already bought a case. I wanted an hybrid for extra protection and found the Trident Ageis listed under ZTE Director. Cases and screen protector for the ZTE Fury and Director both work with the Valet. The Trident case is a little more than I would have normally spent on a case, but it seems like it will be worth it. Here's a link for the one I got, the price includes shipping and they sell it in many colors.

If you'd like more information on the case you can check out their website where they have some videos too. Amazon's price is a lot better than ordering from Trident, by the way.

Aegis Case for ZTE Director

The Trident is a very nice looking case. Yes , expensive but nice.

Dan Diaz

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
To move apps to SD card:
settings
apps
select desired app
Move to SD card
the button will dim while moving then change to - Move to phone
back
go to next app
a little time consuming but saves space on your phone.

jgle490

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Just signed up with this forum, and right away got some good info. Yeah, the text message is not a free one, but the app makes it easier to make the inquiry. Shouldn't need to use it that often.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Some apps can be moved to your microSD card. But others are fixed to the internal memory. Rooting was mentioned to fix this issue but I have not seen a lot of info on rooting this particular phone and rooting is not for the faint of heart. Maybe with time, more information will surface about rooting, then you'll be able to move more apps to the SD.
I am so sorry that I am not remembering where I saw this or who posted it, but I do believe someone posted that you can go to Manage Apps on you phone and look at each app individually yo see whether you can move it to the SD card. The thing I wanted to mention is that there is an app called All-In-One Toolbox that I have found very helpful for telling my ZTE Valet Android 4.1.1 phone to inactivate certain apps to give its memory less to focus on, etc. One of the more nifty things it does is to notify me to move certain apps to the SD card to free up the internal memory.

slk230red

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and bought the phone and it is GREAT! It does just about everything that my Nexus 7 Android Tablet does. Yes, it uploads to Facebook and to almost everywhere else. GifBoom, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, My Tracks and MapMyWalk all work.

Of the apps I've tried, I have a problem with Vine and QR & Bar Code Scanner only. The Vine app does not yet support recording on the ZTE Valet. That is what a message says when I try to record. I haven't gotten a response from Vine, but I am presuming that that is temporary. The message does say "yet".

The QR & Bar Code app does not scan. I think that the problem is that the camera cannot focus on something that close. The image looks blurred to the eye. I've tried a second similar app and it doesn't scan either. If you read the reviews of these scanner apps, not everyone can get them all working on every device. I suppose it could be a matter of finding the right scanner app for the ZTE Valet, but I doubt it.

I recommend this phone.

I downloaded the pic2shop app and I was able to scan a few bar codes with my ZTE Valet. If it doesn't scan, you can type in the bar code number.

I'm afraid I'm not that much of a techie to deal with rooting the phone, etc. I also don't have any hints or special knowledge about converting your minutes to your advantage into the new 3 category system. However, I can tell you what happened when I transferred mine. As I remember, I had something like 720 minutes. After transfer, I had 200 units in each of the 3 categories: Minutes, Texts and MB of Data. Did I lose or gain anything? I don't know.

Strange, when I transferred my 2,430 minutes on my old Tracfone to the ZTE, I received 2,430 in each....Talk, Text, Data.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Strange, when I transferred my 2,430 minutes on my old Tracfone to the ZTE, I received 2,430 in each....Talk, Text, Data.
That's what you should get. In my case, they gave me ~9x of each because of an error on Tracphone's end....not complaining. ;-]