ZTE Stormer n9520

phablet00

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Anybody seen or heard about this phone yet at all? It reminds me of the samsung galaxy note, the screen is huge. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting it and wonder if it's been rooted or not yet. I really only want to buy it if I can get it rooted. Anyone have any luck?

ajenkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Just purchased this phone today and am wondering about rooting... Is there a method yet or will any other phone methods work? It is an awesome phone almost like holding a laptop to your head during calls!!!

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I rooted mine in less that 2 mins. I used Kingo. I had no problems and no loss of any data.
Which as you know is also the boost maxx phone. Also if you search on amazo the mn# you can get a real case for it that fits perfect. I ordered one and for the money was impressed. Just search N9520. There are like 4 or 5 colors. Not the soft shell gells, but an actually otter box style. Its not bad for the money and at least there is something on the phone to protect it. I bought two cases for around 20 bucks.

ajenkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I rooted mine in less that 2 mins. I used Kingo. I had no problems and no loss of any data.
Which as you know is also the boost maxx phone. Also if you search on amazo the mn# you can get a real case for it that fits perfect. I ordered one and for the money was impressed. Just search N9520. There are like 4 or 5 colors. Not the soft shell gells, but an actually otter box style. Its not bad for the money and at least there is something on the phone to protect it. I bought two cases for around 20 bucks.

Just downloaded the Klingo application about to try this and verify! Will also be checking on cases as my job is very dangerous for phones!!!

ajenkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed, Klingo does root in a matter of minutes! They do have cases however I was not able to find an otterbox style case. lance1995 It would be awesome if you could post the link for it.

lance1955

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my order history with amazon. The seller does not have the hard case now. They only have the pouch style.
Here is the link Amazon.com: New Frontier (TM) Black Holster Leather Pouch Clip for Boost MAX ZTE N9520 with Nf Stylus Pen Stylus Pen /Works with Phone and Regular Cases (Pouch): Cell Phones & Accessories

If the link does not show the seller was new frontier. Maybe email the seller? If you get to the seller page the case was had the kick stand like the other models they have. Too bad they sold out. Now the link shows a pouch...WT f

Good luck

Last edited:

ajenkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what format and codec movies have to be in for the max to play? I have tried converting to multiple formats and the stupid thing will not play them!