Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By c b2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default no apps in ZTE V889S

When I try to update an app or install a new
    I can not install
    the answer is (1) error 198 or (2) has no available space
    how can this be
    never installed anything and storage of the phone is 2gb and the sd card is 8gb
    some help?

Default Re: no apps in ZTE V889S

Welcome to Android Central! Are you installing apps from Google Play, or some other app store? Is the phone's internal storage 2 GB total, or do you have 2 GB available to you? The SD card doesn't really help that much with app installation, since you can't install apps directly there.

Do you have a ton of text messages saved up? This can actually take up a fair amount of storage, especially if there are a lot of photos and videos. Also see this guide for more information: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
    Thanked by:
    c b2 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I appreciate the tips and the guide that gave me some information.
    About the questions the answers are: I am installing apps from Google Play and I have not photos or videos, nothing.
    Together three photos that can help you realize what I have.
    Thank you very much.
    no apps in  ZTE V889S-i1.jpgno apps in  ZTE V889S-i2.jpgno apps in  ZTE V889S-i3.jpg

That's odd. Does your phone list only 2 different storage areas (Phone Storage and SD card), or is there a 3rd storage area listed as well? I'm just wondering if there's a separate App Storage partition that is the one almost full (as outlined in that linked guide). On older phones, apps can only be installed in a separate App Storage partition, which may only be 1-2 GB.

There's a separate App storage partition and it's very small.

What I did with mine was root it then use titanium backup to delete a lot of the built in apps and move ones that are not system critical to the 2GB internal memory.

The Rom I flashed it with had Skype/Facebook.etc built in but they were old versions and taking up a lot of room, since it's not my main phone I just removed them completely.

Be very careful moving/deleting stuff with titanium (Or similar util) as it will probably let you move delete Critical applications that the phone needs to work (I.e don't delete/move the dialler, google frameworks.etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2611 View Post
    There's a separate App storage partition and it's very small.
    Thanks, and welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that you also have a ZTE V889S?

Here's some information about Android memory: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Apparently, the handset has a divided memory internal storage & phone storage. The second is virtually all available while the first, in contrast, is almost all occupied.
    When you want to upgrade (or install new apps) where's it going (?), Which seems to internal memory. So the space is short. In my view (and I do not understand almost nothing of it, that's why I asked for help) if I could merge the "internal memory" to "phone memory" into one where the apps were this would solve the problem. But, how?
    Anyway it seems to me too complex, moreover because I have difficulty with specific technical terminology.
    I am very thankful to you, this my first incursion into these areas (perhaps the last, too).
    thank you

The partitioning of the storage memory is a limitation of older phones. Unfortunately, there's no way for you to merge those areas together. Newer phones have "unified" storage, so that you have the entire onboard storage memory available to install apps. The main downside is that you can't mount the phone via USB as an external hard drive to your computer--you can only connect using Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), which doesn't show you every single folder that is on your phone.

Don't let this put you off Android--the best way to experience it is to get a decent phone that's considered at least midrange in performance. Entry level phones are typically underpowered, outdated, and of generally poor build, so it's unfortunate that people may end up getting a bad impression of the actual Android software due to the hardware limitations.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Before leaving I wishes to acknowledge the good welcome and good advice
    I realized that the problem has no solution in itself and it would be best, as soon as possible, get another smartphone with larger, and better capabilities
    I think I'll be back one day...
    B. Diddy likes this.