(ZTE Majesty) Some callers can hear me, some can't.

ZG16

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, everyone. I'm a bit new here, but I'm looking for a solution to a problem I've been having for a little while now.

So, to briefly explain, I'm a Straight Talk user. I bought a ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk back in late December and I activated it in early January. The phone is great, very few complaints at all. It's my first Android as well.

My problem is with the calling, and I'm mostly getting this complaint from my father as it seems to only be on calls with him that I have this issue. My father doesn't have an Android. It's a really basic flip phone. It seems that there's times when he can't hear me at all, and if he does it sounds mumbled. When I put him on speaker, there seems to be no issue at all. I've tried going to a different area in the case of low signal, and that doesn't seem to be the source of the problem.

Can someone tell me what might be the cause of this? It seems to only be on calls with him, but I've had occasions where other people can't hear me as well. I typically have little, if any, apps running when I call him. However, I do have Skype on my phone as well. It's usually logged out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an app causing this problem.

Please and thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, everyone. I'm a bit new here, but I'm looking for a solution to a problem I've been having for a little while now.

So, to briefly explain, I'm a Straight Talk user. I bought a ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk back in late December and I activated it in early January. The phone is great, very few complaints at all. It's my first Android as well.

My problem is with the calling, and I'm mostly getting this complaint from my father as it seems to only be on calls with him that I have this issue. My father doesn't have an Android. It's a really basic flip phone. It seems that there's times when he can't hear me at all, and if he does it sounds mumbled. When I put him on speaker, there seems to be no issue at all. I've tried going to a different area in the case of low signal, and that doesn't seem to be the source of the problem.

Can someone tell me what might be the cause of this? It seems to only be on calls with him, but I've had occasions where other people can't hear me as well. I typically have little, if any, apps running when I call him. However, I do have Skype on my phone as well. It's usually logged out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an app causing this problem.

Please and thanks.

Welcome to the forums.
I am not very proficient with ZTE devices, but this sounds like a hardware issue, specifically, the phone's mike is having problems. Some phones use a different speaker for speakerphone, and that might be why 1 is better than the other.
You can try calling Straight Talk, and hope they have a hard time hearing you...lol
Seriously, try calling them, maybe they can help with a replacement. If the phone is still relatively new, you may be able to exchange it, but I don't know about specifics like the phone number, minutes/data purchased...

ZG16

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, as I'm tempted to certainly call or email them, it's only seeming to be a problem when I call people with flip phones. Anyone with a smartphone or something along those lines don't seem to have a problem with it. I'll look into emailing them soon.

The only reason I'm calling this as a big concern is because, last night, my father called me. He couldn't hear me. Five minutes after I ended the call with him, a friend of mine called. He could hear me perfectly fine. I'm not sure what's going on, but I suppose I'll have little choice but to inform the company and see what's going on. I'd really like to avoid downgrading my phone because this literally is my first android and I love it.

dawter

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with the same phone. Some people can hear me, others say I'm breaking up or there's a lot of static on the phone.
I did call Straight Talk about another problem and the guy couldn't hear me unless I shouted. *sigh*