ZTE Nubia Z5s

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, so I bought the ZTE Nubia Z5S about 2 weeks ago and just got it 2 days ago and sadly there is no Play Store nor Google account at all...
ALL the Google service are not there "maps, play store, drive, street view etc..", so how do I enable them??\
I downloaded them from my PC then USB trasfer them to my mobile, but when I tried to open them they shut down without giving me any error messages..

I am really looking for yuor help guys :)

Thanks a lot.
Regards.
Ibrahim.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android devices have to be certified by Google in order to be compatible with the Google Play Store, and unfortunately, not all devices are (especially ones directly from China). You can try downloading the latest Google Play Store .apk file directly onto your phone by going to this site on your phone browser: com.android.vending-4.5.10.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device. Download the .apk file, then swipe down your notifications and tap the downloaded file. Accept the install, and see if it works.

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android devices have to be certified by Google in order to be compatible with the Google Play Store, and unfortunately, not all devices are (especially ones directly from China). You can try downloading the latest Google Play Store .apk file directly onto your phone by going to this site on your phone browser: com.android.vending-4.5.10.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device. Download the .apk file, then swipe down your notifications and tap the downloaded file. Accept the install, and see if it works.

OK for some reasons the physicals buttons "power button, vollume and camera button" not working anymore... :(
Tried the file, but nothing.. :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, you're probably better off installing Amazon Appstore. Follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings>Security, and check "Unknown Sources."
2. In your phone's browser, go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp
3. Follow the instructions there to download.
4. Swipe down your notifications, then tap the Amazon Appstore download.
5. Agree to install, then open the Appstore and login with your Amazon account.

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
What about the physical buttons?
After installing that software I can no longer charge my mobile and the power button only works if I hold it for 10seconds to reset but I can not use it to close the screen or the vollume or anything!!!!
I went to the recovery mode and sadly I can not go up and down because the vollume are not working anymore!!! T_T

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what's going on with your phone. Did the physical buttons start failing after trying to install the Google Play Store? Did the Play Store actually install? You said that you tried the file, but nothing. It would be very unusual for physical buttons and charging to fail after an attempt to install a legitimate Google app (the link I gave you was from Android Police, which is a reliable Android site).

At this point, it would be best to try a factory data reset. Assuming you can access the menus, go to Settings>Backup & Reset (or sometimes it's Settings>Privacy) and tap Factory Data Reset.

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried the factory reset but the same thing.
Yes the software installed without any problem when I tried to open it it closed without any error message T_T

OK while I was talking to you, I held the power button for like 20seconds "it kept restarting after restarting etc.." now the buttons work O.O

I am sorry making nonsense...
I really have no idea how did I fix that...
Now if I only can get Play Store ;(

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, whew! If the Google Play Store doesn't work, then just uninstall it again (in Settings>Apps>All). I think you should just rely on other appstores like Amazon Appstore, or whatever came installed on your phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you located? Another issue is that Google Play still isn't available in certain countries. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2843119?hl=en

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
OK, I have just downloaded it and saw the great games and apps they have and uninstall it lol
It is so bad man not even close to Android...

And yes Android does support I am from Saudi Arabia. All my friends and family have Android "except few went for iOS".

Noway to get Android Play Store? :(

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
If you search on Google, you'll find a number of solutions. There are a bunch of YouTube videos about it as well. None of the solutions is guaranteed to work.

How to install the Google Play Android Market app on a device that doesn't have / doesn't support it - YouTube

I finally got the Play Store and other Google services to install, but now when I try to open Play Store they say I should log in, so I entered my information and it takes like 3minutes then says:
Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care.

What should I do now? >.<

EDIT: Nevermind the message I managed to sneakly log in "using Youtube App to log in then bam", but now when I open Play Store I get "No connection (Retry)" message...
How should I solve this...
Also when I go to settings then add acount > Google I get "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped".

Miroslav Bartko

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ibrahim.
Did sou sol ve probl?m with Google play? I Havel bought Nibia z5s in China last week and they sent me multilanguage root with Very nice manu?l. Give me your email adres and I Will send you asap. Google play Id included.
Everything goes well.
Miroslove.

Posted via Android Central App

Wisnu Nugroho1

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ibrahim.
Did sou sol ve probl?m with Google play? I Havel bought Nibia z5s in China last week and they sent me multilanguage root with Very nice manu?l. Give me your email adres and I Will send you asap. Google play Id included.
Everything goes well.
Miroslove.

Hi, just received my Nubia Z5S yesterday...anyone please help with google sync and play store please.
Thank you ...

shug176

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
ok i have the zte nubia mini i also have no play store but i also have a problem when i answer phone to say hello nobody can hear me as there seems to be a ten socond delay on mic before anyone can hear me.

bahakeem

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ibrahim.
Everything goes well.
Miroslove.

I actually solved this problem but now I got a weird "really weird" problem...
When I try to download games "apps in general" are counted as large files "over 45MB" it asks me to confirm to only use Wifi only to download. When I proceed the app starts downloading. When I finally reach to the part the app is installing, I get this message: Could not be downloaded due to an error 911

I googled it and found there is a solution which is, to go to settings>apps> Google Play Store and clear data and force stop, but nothing worked :(

Help me please :3

I did not know it is not allowed to post my ID, but is there anyway to post my ID?
Thanks monitor :3

Last edited:

zte5s

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Miroslove,
I bought a ZTE Nubia Z5S. I am having the same problem as Ibrahim. Can you help me by sending the manual/multilang root/google play id to me. Thank you. Appreciated.

[mod note:email removed]

89ideas

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Pls am also having d same problem of play store

My Google play store refuse to open and play services also ca n someone pls help

Hi Zte5s have u solve your own problem pls I want to know

Hi b.diddy do u have solution for the google play store

Sent from my NX503A using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, what I had posted above is probably the best I can do. It's difficult for me to give any other solution, since I don't have direct experience with Android phones outside of the US.

Miroslav Bartko

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, sorry late answer, I have not been at home...
There is a link to download full Manual how to root and get multilanguage ROM. Googleplay is included.
Z5S 2.rar | Ulož.to
The fact is that I can not update to higher version 1.30, but with old, 1.22 version, I am satisfied.
Good luck