How can I stop data usage when I'm connected to Wifi on a Zte Zinger phone?

clarybella

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I got a Zte Zinger phone when I came into the Solavei carrier but the carrier's no longer working so I'm being switched to T-Mobile which is the company that gave antenna and phone access to Solavei. I'm completely new to smartphones and only know the most basic use, meaning making phonecalls, texting, searching the web and using apps but nothing else. I don't even have a data plan on the phone currently since I was using free wifi but have to get it now since I'm moving to Florida and, at least until I know my way around and know where I can find free wifi access, have to rely on the data to look at Google maps to find my way. I need to know how to stop data usage by my apps when I'm not using it and how to put wifi as my prioty over data so that I use it as little as possible given that my plan is only 500MG a month and don't want to waste it unnecesarily. Any other information you have would also be of great help Thanks everyone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When wi-fi is connected, the phone is supposed to favor wi-fi over mobile data. But it will also use mobile data for things that it can't do over wi-fi (primarily MMS, which is picture texting).

If you want to be sure, you can toggle off mobile data yourself. If the phone doesn't have a mobile data toggle in the Quick Settings (swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers), then go to Settings>Data Usage or Settings>Mobile Networks and look for the option to turn mobile data on or off. There are a number of mobile data toggle widgets you can also install from Google Play Store, but for most phones, this only takes you to the appropriate system settings menu, where you have to manually toggle the actual mobile data setting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital