ZTE Maven was reset. ATT not a Go-Phone. How can I get it working again?

A

AC Question

Zte maven was reset. ATT not a go phone.

This is a go phone but I am using it on contract -- I signed I. With Google to set up but realized I did not want them connected. Did a factory reset and now my device is saying sign in with previous Google acct and just keeps going to sign even though correct info put in. I checked from my Google account on desktop and reset everything there so what do I need to do

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Zte maven was reset. ATT not a go phone.

Welcome to Android Central! If you logged in with your Google account, then did a factory reset without removing that account first, it's considered an "unauthorized" factory reset, and requires you to enter the same Google account name and password after the reset. This is Google's new factory reset protection feature. Are you certain you're entering the correct information? Are you able to log into that Google account on your computer using the same password? Is 2-step authentication turned on for your account? If so, turn it off temporarily.

NoVA Rick

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the very detailed instructions. They did the job! This phone does not make it easy. Looks like you need to go through apps to get to settings

I got caught up in the 'factory reset/google 72 hour lockout' runaround, and after that I almost deleted my Google acct instead of removing it from the phone. Luckily I didn't follow my MO, and at some points actually read one one the warnings about what I was about to do.