Zte zmax pro screen glitch when gaming

Rebjump61

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem happening to me every now and then, and its also happened when i switched from a messanger chat head to a youtube video i was watching.
This is my second phone ZTE Max Pro and the screen glitches all the time when changing screens does anybody know what they're going to do about this

Mine is doing it too this is my second phone I don't know what they're doing I don't know if they're going to update software or why the phone works fine it's just the glitch

Last edited by a moderator:

danielpsx

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, sometimes the screen glitch happens when watching YouTube videos, or playing every game I have, ppsspp, Pokemon go, final fantasy Möbius, AnTuTu bench, Geekbench, while watching videos,. Also I want to know how to fix the YouTube 1080@60fps bug, thanks

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Everyone I have found a fix on the other thread dedicated to this topic. Go to the developer settings and turn on the option disable HW overlays. To unlock developer options go into your phone settings, into the about phone section and keep clicking the build number until you become a developer.When you go into your settings again at the bottom you will see the developer options

RedWingFan70

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought the ZMAX Pro and it would get quite warm when charging at first and when using some apps. This was the only issue I was really experiencing. I talked to ZTE and they said to take it in ans exchange it as it sounded like it was a battery issues. I exchanged it and now I am noticing the split second glitch when waking it from sleep. I thought I noticed it when using other apps but I can not confirm that currently. The volume button on this is also sticking. This one gets warm when charging as well but that just might be how it is. Sorry I didn't really offer any solutions to the problem but I did just want to offer my input on my experiences so far.

kod593

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same thing happen with my zmax pro when waking it from sleep (turning the screen on) and it has me worried as if the screen may die one day soon....

Doug Mccart

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
This is happening due to the fact that they really push the hardware close to its limits. Every so often close your background apps and once a week clear your cache. Happens maybe once or twice a week for me and I tax it pretty hard. Also rooted and Xposed you can devote an extra 128 MB ram or from to screen refresh and it goes away completely. But I have better uses for that Mem.

kod593

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree with what you said about them pushing hardware close to its limits. i cleared out all the cache but it didn't help. also I noticed that turning the brightness high makes it worse...

and for rooted and Xposed,this phone cannot be rooted yet correct?

kod593

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I just took it back to metro pcs and the're ordering be a new phone. their own floor demo was doing the same static glitch... hopefully every phone doesn't do it.

Tirken

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I just wanted to let you know that I have been having this same issue with my new ZTE zmax pro. Same as described, while games are loading and/or menus in games. Also the Facebook messenger chat head over YouTube produced the same screen artifacts/flickering with what seems like random colors abd screen tearing, only for a few milliseconds and goes away, but highly annoying when I've just bought the phone brand new from MetroPCS store.

unoepsada

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
i know im late to reply to this, i just got the phone not to long ago so i see what your talking about and it is called screen tearing, you wont be able to fix it with an update, or an exchange, or going into any settings. this problem is because the screen is 1080p and the hardware inside doesnt match up with it perfectly so the screen tears.

Mindblower80

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I bought the ZMAX Pro and it would get quite warm when charging at first and when using some apps. This was the only issue I was really experiencing. I talked to ZTE and they said to take it in ans exchange it as it sounded like it was a battery issues. I exchanged it and now I am noticing the split second glitch when waking it from sleep. I thought I noticed it when using other apps but I can not confirm that currently. The volume button on this is also sticking. This one gets warm when charging as well but that just might be how it is. Sorry I didn't really offer any solutions to the problem but I did just want to offer my input on my experiences so far.

Hey dude this is my third zte zmax I've noticed two bugs: first it overheats in slight bit of sun and when charging, also the glitch u were first talking about. I'ma just get a different brand of phone.

Ed B4

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Yep same here. I took it in to Metro got a new phone. Then bought another ZTE Max pro and guess what. Glitch both phones. Actually that makes three phones. That and there is another annoying issues all three new phones have. Multi touch response freezes up. I play World of Tanks blitz and the old ZTE had no issues. Now with the new ZTE Max pro, touch sometimes becomes unresponsive. Really annoying since it remains unresponsive for a couple of second. Long enough to get killed and annoys the living daylights out of me. Just about every match, same thing. All 3 phones. It's ridiculous that I can get better gameplay off the old $32 ZTE than this new one. Nevermind the colorful glitch. Otherwise it's probably the best deal around no doubt. But I'm hoping it's a software glitch they patch up soon. Since I already tried every developer setting, and just about everything and anything possible.

Last edited:

PhoneNerdNation

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I just got a ZTE ZMAX pro yesterday and when im playing a game and one menu changes to another menu or screen there is a glitch. The screen shows a bunch or colors mixed together looking like a glitch. Its only for a split second when the screen changes in different games.

Has anyone else had this happen with an android phone. If it is normal to happen sometimes, then ill just keep the phone. If not, ill go exchange it while its still under warranty.

Its not just you! I've had my zmax pro from MetroPCS for a couple months now. The color screen glitch you are talking about happens when I play games and watch videos. Just like you, mine only glitches for a sec. At 1st it didn't bother me but it's happening more and more. 1st time I noticed it I was playing a game using a popular emulator. I thought it was just the file but now it does it no matter what the source of the file or video. It even does it on my game that I developed for the play store called Check It Memory Challenge. The phone itself is great for the price but for us phone/tech nerds this screen glitch, the lag on the fingerprint sensor and the random connectivity issues are enough to make me want something else.

1husslyn

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
My zte zmax pro does the same ! When im on snapchat , instagram, facebook any social media it bothers me it doesnt do it alot but i when it happens i hate it . Hope fully it gets fixed but idk how

brittinaa

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed the same issue in almost all my apps once they open, sometimes it's a few minutes into the game other times it's immediately after opening. I'm glad to hear I am not the only person expierencing this issue. If anyone hears anything about the release of an update or an approximated date of realese please post!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae