ZTE ZMax Pro volume problem

DarthEldniw

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi. New to the forum but my own searches online have yielded no results and I'm appealing to the friendly users here. Maybe someone can help me out.

In the last half hour, this problem has started. I listen to Spotify on the road at work. And as such, I use an auxiliary cord to play music through my vehicle's speakers.

I can't turn the media volume up once the cord is plugged in. I can turn it down to get the Volume menu popped up. But it will not turn up, either via the volume key or sliding the bar across the screen. My phone simply locks itself, flashes my home screen background, and then the lockscreen shows up.

I did not have this issue last night in my own vehicle nor with the headphones I listened to music through last night.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and does anyone know any sort of troubleshooting steps I could take to fix this? I've already tried restarting the phone and I powered it completely off and left it off for 5 minutes before powering it back up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the same aux cable working fine before, or did you just start using the cable and noticed this behavior? Are you able to try a different aux cable?

DarthEldniw

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the same aux cable working fine before, or did you just start using the cable and noticed this behavior? Are you able to try a different aux cable?

I will be able to try one when I finish up at work. This aux cord worked yesterday and the cord in my own vehicle worked before I arrived at work.

If it helps, I have narrowed it down to the issue only occurring when I have a music app open, i.e. Spotify. When I am on the phone with the headphones connected, the volume keys work fine as expected.

DarthEldniw

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I've also noticed it's been clearing my home screen image. It'll do the blacking out and lock my phone, and then I unlock my phone to find the stock MetroPCS screen image as my background.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's very possible. If it's a bug in the update, you'll just have to report it to ZTE and hope they fix it in the next update.:-\

Justin Pickens1

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi. New to the forum but my own searches online have yielded no results and I'm appealing to the friendly users here. Maybe someone can help me out.

In the last half hour, this problem has started. I listen to Spotify on the road at work. And as such, I use an auxiliary cord to play music through my vehicle's speakers.

I can't turn the media volume up once the cord is plugged in. I can turn it down to get the Volume menu popped up. But it will not turn up, either via the volume key or sliding the bar across the screen. My phone simply locks itself, flashes my home screen background, and then the lockscreen shows up.

I did not have this issue last night in my own vehicle nor with the headphones I listened to music through last night.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and does anyone know any sort of troubleshooting steps I could take to fix this? I've already tried restarting the phone and I powered it completely off and left it off for 5 minutes before powering it back up.

Justin Pickens1

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem and have tried everything I can think of and it's still doing it.it just started this morning.it was working fine last night.if anyone knows how to fix it please help.

EvalynnGamez

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
My phone is having the exact same issue. I'm inclined to believe it's not an issue with the update because mine was doing it before and it is still doing it after the update. If anyone has found out anything I'd really like to get some info it's very frustrating as it happens with headphones, aux cords, & even Bluetooth!

EvalynnGamez

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
Re: ZTE ZMax Pro volume problem FIX!

Finally after months of dealing with this hell I found a fix! I had to contact ZTE customer service. Here's the fix hope it helps.

1 go to settings
2 go to Apps
3 press the three dots in the upper right corner
4 select "Reset app preferences"
5 press "show system "
6 scroll down to Bluetooth Share
7 press force stop
8 turn off device
9 hold the power and volume up key until the phone lights up
10 release ONLY THE POWER BUTTON
You'll get the screen you'd get if you were doing a factory reset.
11 with the volume down button select "wipe cache partion" use the power key to select it.
12 then select reboot phone
Once it turns on the problem should be fixed! Hope this helps.