Grand X Max 2 bluetooth and notification screen staying lit fixes

grandmax2

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
So after looking at a lot of reviews and being very on the fence about it, I went out and bought a grand x max 2 earlier this week. I noticed right away 2 issues that others also claimed to have and saw no fixes online. I have found a fix, or really more of a work around for these two issues, and wanted to share.

The first issue I noticed was the bluetooth chopping badly and playing back at faster speed and being almost inaudible in my car. After about 15 seconds of this my car would actually disconnect from the phone. I noticed in my driveway, where I could still pick up wifi, it played and worked fine. As soon as I got about 3 houses down and lost wifi and the phone switched to 4g the bluetooth would start cutting out and chopping badly. After trying a ton of settings, renaming the phone, deleting and setting the phone back up with my car, etc. I finally found what seems to be a fix. All I had to do was TURN OFF WIFI when I am not actually connected to wifi. As soon as I turn off wifi the bluetooth works perfectly and actually sounds great. With iheartradio in my Ford Focus with 'Sync' it sounds clearer and much better than my galaxy s5 and iphone 5s did. My wife told me when the phone switched during a phone call getting into my car that I acutally sounded clearer and louder when the car's bluetooth took over the call. When I want to connect to wifi I can turn it back on and bluetooth still works fine as long as I have a wifi signal. So for my phone at least, the problem seems to be using the network data with wifi turned on. I'm curious to see if this cures other peoples woes too.

The second problem I noticed was when I would get a group text or picture (any mms message) the phone would wake to the notification screen and would stay lit until I hit the power button to go back to sleep. It would stay lit for hours at a time. The work around I found was to ditch the stock messaging app and download google messenger (which I prefer anyway). Setting google messenger to the default messaging app fixed the issue for me, now the screen only stays lit for the set 15 seconds. I haven't noticed any issue with instagram or snapchat notifications. I haven't downloaded facebook to this phone yet so not sure about that one. I'm holding out as long as I can because the app is so invasive.

I hope this helps. So far after fixing those two annoyances I am very happy with the phone. For $150, it is impressive and a good step above my most recent phone, a Galaxy S5.

grandmax2

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
2 days in update, still no issues with my bluetooth or notifications. It looks like this is a fix for me. I still wish bluetooth would work without toggling wifi, but I'll live with that for a good value phone.

Battery life is surprising on this phone too for the size of the screen and processor. I am not a heavy user, but I have 3 hr 55 min of screen on time, and stream music every morning and I haven't charged the phone since the full charge I put on it the day I got it. So at 2pm today I will be at two full days without charging and I am just now at 17%.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers