ZTE Grand X 4 audio sync issue

Emank147

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I got a ZTE Grand X 4 yesterday and I was watching youtube videos on the app and I noticed that the audio was quite delayed. I watched videos on the web browser version on the X 4 and the sync was working fine. I was wondering how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advace!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps, select YouTube, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Does the problem persist?

Also, does it happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Emank147

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for responding, I tried clearing the cache and data, yet the problem still persists. And yes, this does happen on both wi-fi and mobile data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this with all videos, or just certain ones?

Sometimes Android System Webview can cause weird things to happen. Go to the Play Store, look for Android System Webview, and see if you have any updates. If so, update it. If not, try uninstalling updates, since sometimes it's the updates that cause the problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One more thing to try is to uninstall any updates to the YouTube app (if you haven't tried that already). If the problem persists, then I'd guess it'a a problem with the phone's firmware. Not sure if there's an easy way to reinstall the firmware on that phone. Since the phone is new, I'd just bring it back to the store and ask for a replacement. Make sure you test it out in the store before going home with it.

Emank147

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Thank you very much for your help, I uninstalled youtube's updates and the audio is now in sync! Also, when you you recommend me to begin updating YouTube again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
YouTube gets updated pretty frequently, so take a look at the release date of the current version in the Play Store, then wait until that release date changes. Then try updating it again, and see if the problem persists.

Also, make sure to send feedback to Google about this problem through the Help & Feedback option in the YouTube app's settings. Google can't fix these things if they don't hear about them!:)

K5ING

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Are you using bluetooth? Does it also do it when you're using corded headphones? I'm pretty sure it's going to be your bluetooth that delaying things.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon