1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play access

I know it's not Google certified and isn't coming with the Google Play Store, but since it's "open".. shouldn't it be easily rooted, etc. and getting access to the Play Store pretty simple? Or...?
    ioo

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Google Play access

It will likely be hacked, and pretty quick, but doing so might mean no access to the Ouya app store.

You can sideload apps

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

How would you go about sideloading apps? Games? Etc. I'm debating on getting this and I hook my gs3 to my tv to play but that's an inconvenience. So would this be able to pay games like modern combat? And online?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri360 View Post
    How would you go about sideloading apps? Games? Etc. I'm debating on getting this and I hook my gs3 to my tv to play but that's an inconvenience. So would this be able to pay games like modern combat? And online?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    It's open so just a usb stick with the apk's on them. Also i doubt Ouya will ban you from the Ouya store for anything, they are pushing the whole rootable and hackable as a selling point.

Just got mine, and there seems to be no way to mount a USB stick. I did download the PlayStore APK, but I think some additional services are missing, it doesn't start.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by npaladin-2000 View Post
    Just got mine, and there seems to be no way to mount a USB stick. I did download the PlayStore APK, but I think some additional services are missing, it doesn't start.
    You probably need to download gaaps and pull out all the APKs, then push them to /system/apps. Some of the files will be libs as well, I believe. If you look inside the flashable package, it should give you a pretty good idea of what directory to push them to.

Last I remember, you could find them at

The easiest way to side load a app right now is to download with teh browser and then open the APK from the downloads section via the Settings menu.

There are a few threads of apps and games that have been found to work fine.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya