• Pebble

11 73.33%
  • wait for Google watch

4 26.67%
  • none of the above/smart watches are dumb

0 0%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pebble or wait for Google watch

My Sony Smartwatch has finally died. It was always a little flaky but it can't seem to stay powered on for more than 5 minutes despite being fully charged.

I really like having a smart watch so my choice is 1. Get a Pebble at Best Buy (comes with a 20 gift card)....or.....2. Wait to see what happens with the official Google Smartwatch. Keep in mind the Pebble is pretty much at the price point for me. I don't need it to do anything more than notifications and I primarily use Augmented Smartwatch with my Sony watch. I do not want something like the Galaxy Gear that does a ton of things I don't want to do on a watch for more than $300.

What would you do?
    Last edited by Google_Superuser; 12-05-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Pebble or wait for Google watch

If you only want to spend 150 then the Pebble is the smart watch for you. It's simple, but gets the job done. Plus it's waterproof and the battery last up to 7 days. You can also look at the Sony smart watch 2 which you can get on Amazon for around 170. I love my Pebble, but will soon own a Galaxy Gear because of what it can do. Hope that I could help!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well I had my decision made for me but it was already the direction I was going anyway. Someone had bought me a Pebble as Christmas gift and when I mentioned I was going to go to Best Buy to buy one I ended up with an early Christmas gift! So far I am loving it. I much prefer the buttons vs tiny touch screen. I'm just waiting on my gadget wrap screen protector.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I feel like the Pebble is simple, but has a lot of potential. I'm just fine with just having the Pebble, but the tech geek in me just has to have the GG. I just don't like the camera built into the band..... Seems a bit much to me.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by caddi27 View Post
    I feel like the Pebble is simple, but has a lot of potential. I'm just fine with just having the Pebble, but the tech geek in me just has to have the GG. I just don't like the camera built into the band..... Seems a bit much to me.

Yeah I really want something simple in a smart watch and it actually does more through tasker than I had even thought of.