Different Watch Bands or straps for the Pebble

Enraged Medic

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is a black Nato Stap

Nicely done, sir! It does look a little overwhelming with the 4 buckle strap but I'm thinking a generic no buckle NATO mil strap would be perfect! BTW I had to log in on a PC to see the attached pic. The AC app would flash a picture icon(grayed out icon with flower) and disappear! *cough cough* Dev team!

Posted via Android Central App

EDIT: pic showed up after I posted a comment.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Nicely done, sir! It does look a little overwhelming with the 4 buckle strap but I'm thinking a generic no buckle NATO mil strap would be perfect! BTW I had to log in on a PC to see the attached pic. The AC app would flash a picture icon(grayed out icon with flower) and disappear! *cough cough* Dev team!

EDIT: pic showed up after I posted a comment.

Agree it was a bit overwhelmed by the buckles. I actually like the OEM band for what it does. I have some other Luminox 22mm rubber straps I may try.

Enraged Medic

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Agree it was a bit overwhelmed by the buckles. I actually like the OEM band for what it does. I have some other Luminox 22mm rubber straps I may try.

Those Luminox straps would probably be a good look as well. I'm having difficulty with convincing myself to buy a pebble or "smart watch". I love the functions they provide but coming from someone who loves mechanical (automatic movement) watches it's not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. They look a bit uncomfortable and bulky.

What's your opinion on the way the pebble fits? Does it contour to your wrist/arm area?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Those Luminox straps would probably be a good look as well. I'm having difficulty with convincing myself to buy a pebble or "smart watch". I love the functions they provide but coming from someone who loves mechanical (automatic movement) watches it's not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. They look a bit uncomfortable and bulky.

What's your opinion on the way the pebble fits? Does it contour to your wrist/arm area?

It is not bulky at all. I have several sport watches that are automatics Rolexs, Omegas and Panerai That they are all much larger than this or at least bulkier and heavier. The pebble is so light and quite comfortable. Also water proof (I have not swam with it). I would not wear it out on the town etc, but love it for meetings etc when you are getting messages and do not want to break out your phone. It also acts as a trusted device for my Moto X so it says unlocked when it wear it.

Nothing too elaborate. I notifies well. Calls, texts, email...

I will post some pics next to automatics tomorrow.

Last edited:

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The Pebble is very light weight lighter then a lot of my other watches and very comfortable to wear

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Enraged Medic

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I just saw the front page report on the new Pebbles at CES! What do you think? I thought it was funny that I had just mentioned that although highly functional it lacked in the looks department and there they go and make something a little more pleasing to the eye! That matte black! I like! Might have to pair one up with my Nexus 5!

Thanks for the input as far as comfort level goes when wearing one Vs. automatic/sports piece!

Truffol

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Nice watch band! We are actually running a giveaway on the official pebble forum of our Truffol Strap, the first ever tailor-designed metal band specifically for the Pebble Solid and Pebble Steel. The giveaway is still running!

forums.getpebble.com/discussion/14830/giveaway-truffol-strap-first-ever-tailored-fit-metal-watch-band-for-pebble-solid-pebble-steel?new=1

Cheers!
Alison

apollinep17

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi there ! Your Pebble strap is cool I really love what we can do with Pebble watches, all the designs and everything !
I just saw a Pebble design competition on a platform called My Mini Factory, thought it could interest you :)
They say we can win watches it sounds really cool !