Thinking of Switching over to Pebble, suggestions/reccomendations?

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I had a Sony Smartwatch 3 for
about a year now, it was a refurbished one from ebay, so it had a few problems but they were fixed/gotten used to.

However, even with the good battery life the Sony Smartwatch 3 offered, one day of battery life didn't feel enough for me and continues to deteriorate to this day, so I started to look into those.

I know it's a different type of firmware, but I think the simplicity while still being a smartwatch might be up my ally.

I'm mainly looking for some key things in a Pebble Smartwatch, and I was wondering if Pebble users could give me some insight.
-Battery Life over 3 days.
-Waterproof
-Durability (I hit my watch on doors too many times)

I'd like to hear reccomendations from anyone, thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

JakeLungo

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
If you can wait, they just finished a Kickstarter for their next gen watches, which have a bigger screen and built-in heart rate monitor, supposed to hit store shelves in January.

If you can't wait, I would go for the Pebble Time Steel, since it has (advertised) 10 days of battery, an all-steel body, and is waterproof up to 3 ATM I believe.

In terms of the battery life, I don't really get close to 10 days, I end up charging every 4 or 5 days, but it depends on how many notifications and companion apps you have. The watches are pretty durable, especially since they're waterproof, but the screen will need a screen protector.

Solitary Wolf

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
If you can wait, they just finished a Kickstarter for their next gen watches, which have a bigger screen and built-in heart rate monitor, supposed to hit store shelves in January.

If you can't wait, I would go for the Pebble Time Steel, since it has (advertised) 10 days of battery, an all-steel body, and is waterproof up to 3 ATM I believe.

In terms of the battery life, I don't really get close to 10 days, I end up charging every 4 or 5 days, but it depends on how many notifications and companion apps you have. The watches are pretty durable, especially since they're waterproof, but the screen will need a screen protector.

I see, I suppose I can wait, or maybe I might stick to android wear with a HR sensor, I'm not too sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed