1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Moving Apps From Internal to SD Storage

I have a new Samsung Replenish. Can't figure out how to get my apps to automatically download to my 8GB SD card. They seem to automatically install on the Internal storage. Some I can move to the SD card and some will not give me the option, thus filling up Internal Storage and not letting me download anything further until I delete something. Argggg... I'm thinking there should be a way to configure it to install directly to SD card but can't seem to find it.

ALSO... is there a way to change the time before the phone locks and goes dark?

Thanks for any input on this. I really appreciate it!

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

Default Re: Moving Apps From Internal to SD Storage

Quote Originally Posted by fringetrooper View Post
    I have a new Samsung Replenish. Can't figure out how to get my apps to automatically download to my 8GB SD card. They seem to automatically install on the Internal storage. Some I can move to the SD card and some will not give me the option, thus filling up Internal Storage and not letting me download anything further until I delete something. Argggg... I'm thinking there should be a way to configure it to install directly to SD card but can't seem to find it.
    You can't. Not nativly. From what I see, even apps found in this search: do not automatically move apps. BTW, read the descriptions of some of them to find out why some apps cannot be moved.
    Check your Display Settings.
    --
    PDA/Smartphone path: Palm IIIx -> various Sony Clies -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> iPhone 3G -> Crapberry Storm2 / iPod Touch -> Droid X -> iPhone 5
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by fringetrooper View Post

Thanks for any input on this. I really appreciate it!
    It is a way but not out the box u have to root your phone and download link2sd look on YouTube ect on how to root your certain phone

Sent from my zte score using tapatalk
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Default Re: Moving Apps From Internal to SD Storage

rooting your phone is a must to move apps to sd... cant do it without being superuser... and link2sd isnt necessary... ive moved everything i can to my 8g sd with settings>applications>manage applications>move to sd... after root, without link2sd... best to keep things simple... :-)

All of your apps will automatically re- download when you setup the new device. If you didn't get them from Google play, well that's why I stick to Google play.