1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung GS2 Skyrocket or wait for GS3?

I've had an iPhone 3G for years now and am really frustrated with how slow it operates, not to mention it can't be customized. Have been playing around with the GS2 Skyrocket at the ATT store and it seems pretty cool, though the blue cast on the screen seems odd. Regardless, it's available at Amazon for $99.99 with free shipping and no tax which saves me about $150 from getting it at the ATT store.

And as we all know, there are new phones coming out all the time, but I wonder just how big an improvement the GS3 will be over the Skyrocket and if it's worth paying the extra $$.

Also does anyone here have any good advice on the least painful way to get acclimated to Android from iOS? It seems pretty intuitive but it's also VERY different.

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung GS2 Skyrocket or wait for GS3?

If the rumors are true, GS3 is definitely an improvement. Quad core processor, full HD, and Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0 are selling points.

I think GS2/GS2 Skyrocket are getting the 4.0 update next week though (finally). Although I guess that won't matter much if you decide to root your phone...

Here's a couple things to take note of though... there's a Galaxy S2 HD LTE (Skyrocket HD basically) coming out. Also the HTC One X comes to AT&T next month. It won't have quad core in the US, but it's dual core processor was clocked faster than the quad. That phone is definitely worth waiting for, at least to check out...the thing about Android is buyer's remorse can kick in soon after getting a new phone. Though Galaxy S3 is rumored to be a June/July release, and that is just too far for how badly I need a new phone! I'm planning on the HTC One X.

Also, you'll only figure how to truly work Android by just playing with it. I guess you could say "Practice makes perfect." But just play with the settings, the home screens and widgets and see what fits your preferences. That's the great thing about Android...you make it how you like it! (Mostly). Although, getting used to three/four buttons on the bottom was more problematic for me. I didn't know the right one to touch at times, but figured it out after a couple days.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks Beekay.. All good points. Like you I don't think I want to wait until Summer to see the GS3. The most attractive thing about the current Skyrocket at Amazon is the price. I also wonder if they'll get the newer phones regardless of price.

I'll do some more research on the HTC One X though I didn't realize ATT would be getting it next month.

I think my other hesitation on the Skyrocket is the cheap plastic feel of the phone, which compared to the iPhone 3G is pretty poor. However, it's head and shoulders a much faster, cooler phone for sure!

Thanks again.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

If you can wait I'd wait on the new nexus. One comes out every year. Or the s3. But if u don'tlike to wait (like myself) get what's best for you now. Cuz in the end they all call and text