Not all women like em big.

OpetMajka

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I am having the hardest time picking a new android from the ATT market.

I have had a backflip and atrix and I loved them both, though the backflip went outdated super fast and the atrix surprisingly has a worse camera that my backflip.

I am ready to get away from MOTOBLUR and get something with a much better camera, but everything new is so big! I have played with everything in store and feel overwhelmed with the decision.

I was hoping some of you gurus could help me out? Here is what is important for me in a phone, listed in order of importance:

Sound quality is the most important, especially on speaker.
photo and video quality to be good for lower light situations(in restaurants and the house) and also have a decent front camera.
Durability of phone, though it will be in a case, I have small children who steal it when I am not looking or knock it from my hands.
Good signal strength.
Reliability for sending and receiving messages via email, IM, etc.
And then last, but not least, the ability to put a cased phone in my little girl pockets and hands lol

I had narrowed it down based on online specs to the One X or Galaxy S2, and then saw them IRL and they seem so big! The Vivid isn't as bad, but reviews are mixed?

Help? Thanks!

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you want the One X, but I agree with you about the size. I have meat hooks for hands and even I have a hard time using some of these new phones with one hand.

I don't remember... did AT&T Pick up the One S as well as the X? You might want to look at that as well. Same camera and similar specs to the X but it's a little smaller.

OpetMajka

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know they didn't, but I can check to make sure.

ETA: as far as I can tell it is T-mobile only right now and no news otherwise.

Last edited:

OpetMajka

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I ended up taking a chance with the One X, it seems so huge, hope I can get used to it >.<

At least all the competitors won't cost me any more money if I decide to switch, this was the most expensive phone they had.

Reactions: topdawg661

OpetMajka

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Brief update, I am getting used to it quicker than I expected, though I still am quite clumsy with it at times. Overall I am impressed with the software of the phone. A few bugs and glitches that appear to be common, so hoping for a patch soon, otherwise I keep laughing giddily at the new features I keep finding :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech