Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New or Old?

For the past 2 1/2 years I've been using a Samsung reality- just a basic phone with a cheap touchscreen and keyboard. I'm due for an upgrade now with Verizon and I'm in conflict with what I want. I've never had a smartphone before, but I have had experience with the original droid, as I have had many friends who had it and really liked it. After some looking around, I think that I'm most fond of the razr maxx hd, but I'm just unsure about weather it's worth it over a free or $50 phone like the razr M, the old razr maxx or even the droid 4.

The main features I'm focused on are battery life, storage space (with sd cards this is less of an issue), and overall functionality and software. I'm not a huge fan of big screens (S3 size), but I guess that it will grow on me, and the extra space I can probably warm up to. The razr M I know has a smaller screen, but I'm a little concerned about software, battery life and resolution for it. How big of a drop off is it for battery between the razr maxx hd and the M? I know that with my current phone, I can leave it off the charger for almost a week sometimes, but I know that this is impossible. I think what would be nice is if I forget to charge it one night (happens all the time), then I can still use it the next day.

Do you think that the maxx hd or any of its newer-yet expensive- counterparts are worth it over the older, yet dirt cheap phones? I know that anything I get will be a massive upgrade over what I have now, but I want to make sure that I'm getting something that I won't wish I had compromised on. Thanks!