This week is iOS's last chance

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It's a great trash can, but seeing how the Macbook Air is getting 800mb read/write speeds, I can't wait to push that thing.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
They don't have live wallpapers.

This is a live wallpaper.
ku-xlarge.gif

What menus are you talking about?
The new settings menu and all the transparency crap they are doing.

Also, people seem to be under the mistaken impression that the functionality moves this closer to android. It doesn't.
I disagree. A lot of it is closer to Android. the multi-tasking alone does that...now all apps can multi-task like on Android instead of just a few privileged ones. The multi-task screen is a lot closer to how Android does it. The notifications menu is now on the lock screen. The pullout menus feel very Android. The Lock-screen looks almost identical to Jellybean now.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

No it isn't.

The new settings menu and all the transparency crap they are doing.

Both very different than android.

I disagree. A lot of it is closer to Android. the multi-tasking alone does that...now all apps can multi-task like on Android instead of just a few privileged ones. The multi-task screen is a lot closer to how Android does it. The notifications menu is now on the lock screen. The pullout menus feel very Android. The Lock-screen looks almost identical to Jellybean now.

You can disagree all you want, but you are wrong.

Are you honestly trying to claim android invented multitasking? Because they didn't.

The multitask screen is actually closer to WebOS, which is where android borrowed theirs from too. (Blackberry as well)

The pullout menus are evolutions of what already existed on iOS. The only thing different is new fonts and colors.

The lockscreen is actually closer to meego than android.

IOS is still very very different than android in looks as well as how the is actually functions. They are nowhere near the same when you're talking UX.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL!

Explain to me how that is different from Live wallpaper on Android.

It is not 'live'. It is nothing like androids live wallpapers.

Please quote me where I made that claim.

Both very different than android.
You implied it. You were attempting to claim iOS copied multitasking from android. If that isn't what you were claiming, you need to be more careful about how you word things.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Even Apple agrees with you. Their capitulation (finally) on things like multi-tasking and menus and live wallpapers is a clear sign of desperation. They would never ever have done this unless they thought there was no other option. They are doing things now that they have mocked competitors for in the past.

Will it work? Probably. They have built up such a devoted cult around this phone that they could probably sell anything with an apple logo. Apple people will declare it "Genius" just as they always do, and pretend that Apple came up with it completely on their own.

IMO it will backfire...because there will be far less of a learning curve between iOS and Android. Android hardware will advance faster and more people will jump ship than otherwise might have. The era of Jobs is officially over. Now the masses know what Android nerds have known for years. This release removes any lingering doubt.

You couldn't be further from the truth I'll destroy your pathetic points when I get on my laptop. Apple hasn't copied Android multitasking search up a jailbreak tweak called Auxo

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You couldn't be further from the truth I'll destroy your pathetic points when I get on my laptop. Apple hasn't copied Android multitasking search up a jailbreak tweak called Auxo

lol, when did Chetan get taken over by Darth Vader?

new_iphone_case_themed_by_darth_vader__stormtrooper_helmet_3.jpg

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Mac Pro has compelled him to come back to the Dark of the force.

Okay well I'm getting out of this thread. If I recall right, Vader's lightsaber throw has the accuracy of Apple Maps and I'm not getting accidentally mangled in this one. Good luck guys!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

He never mentioned anything about copying...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Manufacturers of android phones have said so. And one website, no doubt populated by people that also frequent forums such as this, is not evidence of anything.
What? Seriously? Slag a very popular site that offers unique Android experience as well as AC all in one post. Wow, not sure how to respond.

Sent from my Nexus 4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What? Seriously? Slag a very popular site that offers unique Android experience as well as AC all in one post. Wow, not sure how to respond.

Sent from my Nexus 4

That's because you read it wrong. There was no 'slagging' going on. I was referring to enthusiast sites. People that post here are not normal users and they represent an absolutely tiny percent of overall users.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That's because you read it wrong. There was no 'slagging' going on. I was referring to enthusiast sites. People that post here are not normal users and they represent an absolutely tiny percent of overall users.

I think you need to re-read your comments. It reads poorly. Mycolorscreen.com is a fantastic site with thousands of very dedicated people using everything Android had to offer. And to generalize like you did was in poor taste.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol