This week is iOS's last chance

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to re-read your comments. It reads poorly. Mycolorscreen.com is a fantastic site with thousands of very dedicated people using everything Android had to offer. And to generalize like you did was in poor taste.

Sent from my Nexus 4

There was no generalization. Again, you are reading it wrong. People that post at that site and post here are not normal consumers, and what they post there and here is not evidence of anything.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
On Crackberry, this week is apparently Blackberry's last week to "get it right", and somewhere in the world, someone declared it's Windows Phone's last chance to "get it right"

iOS is FAR from being the company that has one or two phone models left before they go bankrupt a la Palm. They have BILLIONS and a fanbase that is TRULY dedicated. Third Party manufacturers make accessories SPECIFICALLY for them. There are IPOD/IPHONE DOCKS in cars now. They are not going to go away just because they didn't impress YOU. The faster some of y'all accept that, the better off you'll be.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
There will always be the apple dumb masses that will just love anything that apple does and when they show off iOS 7 it may have elements that are similar to Android, things Apple fanatics may have criticized Android devices for having in the past and now will go all stupid over these new features as if apple invented it for the very first time.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Just like Android has their "dumb masses" that can't sit still because they need the phone with the latest and greatest specs?

- - - Updated - - -

There will always be the apple dumb masses that will just love anything that apple does and when they show off iOS 7 it may have elements that are similar to Android, things Apple fanatics may have criticized Android devices for having in the past and now will go all stupid over these new features as if apple invented it for the very first time.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Just like Android has their "dumb masses" that can't sit still because they need the phone with the latest and greatest specs?

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
As WP and BB are no threat, Android and iOS will remain the top two for the forseeable future. Combined they control around 90% of global marketshare already. I'd love to see some new players, because the "rock the world" culture thrives more in a more competitive atmosphere. Clearly Google and Apple are both going to push their respective systems in different ways, but there are no real threats to either right now and I wouldn't expect any major market share changes during the next year or so, at least.

You slightly contradicted yourself. If people, like yourself, are looking for that "third" option for a phone, why wouldn't BB and WP not be a threat? If anything, WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You slightly contradicted yourself. If people, like yourself, are looking for that "third" option for a phone, why wouldn't BB and WP not be a threat? If anything, WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple

I disagree. I think I said I'd love to see a new player, but that in current state WP and BB aren't it in any meaningful way. You're right of course that there are other options available now, but given that they add up to around 10% of the market, they're hardly prominent and barely relevant to the mainstream at current state.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. I think I said I'd love to see a new player, but that in current state WP and BB aren't it in any meaningful way. You're right of course that there are other options available now, but given that they add up to around 10% of the market, they're hardly prominent and barely relevant to the mainstream at current state.

I agree that they don't have huge marketshare but people are noticing

Sent from my Lum...iPh...Gala...some phone

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple

From the end of 2011 to the end of 2012, WP's market share nearly doubled.

From 1.2% to 2.3%. That's a very slow pace.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Whoever is in third place needs to have at least a double-digit marketshare percentage to even be a contender, IMO.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
All of the manufacturers have data to support the fact that most customers don't use them. Android is the only one that has it because other manufacturers have realized consumers don't care about it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but just about every Android user I know uses them. ("them" being widgets)
(btw, I've been a staff member on a number Galaxy S forums for over 3 years now, so I know a lot of users) :)
Just sayin...

tap'n

Last edited:

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
From where they are coming from, it does look great. I think they are making strides in the right direction.

tap'n

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-06-12-12-51-55-1_zpscf03eadf.png

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but just about every Android user I know uses them. ("them" being widgets)
(btw, I've been a staff member on a number Galaxy S forums for over 3 years now, so I know a lot of users) :)
Just sayin...

tap'n
he's been quoting this drivel for days and has nothing to back it up. I'm not saying every Android user is fully engulfed in using widgets but I would agree that every person I know with an android phone uses some type of widget.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx