This week is iOS's last chance

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
So almost everything they have to compete against how far iOS has fallen behind Android will be on the table tomorrow. My prediction: It's going to be a fail of epic proportions and the tech media's reaction is going to be a resounding,
"Seriously Apple? That's it?!?"
Things are going to plummet steadily from there. I wonder if there's room for two companies in Waterloo? Or Finland?

If I'm wrong, I swear to you all I'll eat my hat. With pics.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So almost everything they have to compete against how far iOS has fallen behind Android will be on the table tomorrow. My prediction: It's going to be a fail of epic proportions and the tech media's reaction is going to be a resounding,
Things are going to plummet steadily from there. I wonder if there's room for two companies in Waterloo? Or Finland?

Better get out your fork and sharpen your knife.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Anything Apple does will be a disappointment to you and the rest of the idiotic tech media.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
There will always be the apple dumb masses that will just love anything that apple does and when they show off iOS 7 it may have elements that are similar to Android, things Apple fanatics may have criticized Android devices for having in the past and now will go all stupid over these new features as if apple invented it for the very first time.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
There will always be the apple dumb masses that will just love anything that apple does and when they show off iOS 7 it may have elements that are similar to Android, things Apple fanatics may have criticized Android devices for having in the past and now will go all stupid over these new features as if apple invented it for the very first time.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
They wont do that. stop your hating.Yeah I love most of what Apple does, so what?

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I mean people like what they like. I've had an iphone once it was great...but limited and i can say i didn't feel like android was anywhere near as good as ios until 4.0 came out. Lucky for me when i got rid of my iphone i got the galaxy nexus so since then I've been good. The main pulls for me was Google integration. I love YouTube and gmail. And now i love Google wallet. If the iphone had nfc and a way to stream all my music from home like Google play music does id consider it and wouldn't knock people for having it. Cause ill be honest i have zero brand loyalty. Ill do whatever is best down give a hoot what company logo is on it.

Sent from my underrated galaxy s blaze 4g

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Screw you all, I'm waiting for the possible 4.3 announcement today. :p

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(3733516)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Apple has a huge following who love iOS the way it is. The OS isn't going to be the thing to bring them down.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
As an Apple convert, I hope Apple can get out of this ditch they're in. They do make top of the line products, but this "cruise mode" they're in has really made their latest iPhone (5) stale. Android has opened my eyes and even though I don't see myself switching back to Apple, it'd be cool to see Apple push the envelope again. After all, if they can get back on top, all the competition will do what ever it takes to top them. We all win!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
As an Apple convert, I hope Apple can get out of this ditch they're in. They do make top of the line products, but this "cruise mode" they're in has really made their latest iPhone (5) stale. Android has opened my eyes and even though I don't see myself switching back to Apple, it'd be cool to see Apple push the envelope again. After all, if they can get back on top, all the competition will do what ever it takes to top them. We all win!

So true!

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone is keeping up with what Apple is unveiling today, but they have rebuilt the UI from the ground up in iOS 7. Looks like they have also taken ideas and tweaks from the jailbreak community. Don't know if anyone cares, but thought I'd just let some know what was going down.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone is keeping up with what Apple is unveiling today, but they have rebuilt the UI from the ground up in iOS 7. Looks like they have also taken ideas and tweaks from the jailbreak community. Don't know if anyone cares, but thought I'd just let some know what was going down.

It is a massive over haul

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm watching this through different lenses than others, but this was an epic fail in light of the hype. There are some UI changes, that oddly enough make it look more like ICS/JB from Android. There are feature updates from ICS/JB added, lock screen widgets, control panel, improvements to multitasking, photo and music sharing, etc. But it's still a shiny app drawer that's struggling to keep up with being 1-2 years behind. iOS 6 was a full 2 years behind, being stuck somewhere between GB and ICS. Now a year later I'd put it approximately on par with ICS with some JB flavors included, maybe 4.1.

Giving iOS a holo-esque UI update and features that we've all seen available to 80% of the smart phones in the world since 2011 is not called innovation. To Apple's credit, iOS 7 looks like a MAJOR update when compared to iOS 6. It's huge. But it's not competing against itself. But we have to keep in mind, it's not here to compete with 4.0 or 4.1, it's here to compete with 4.3 and 5.0. In that battle, since it is a year behind 4.2 innovation, we should fully expect it to continue to lag behind throughout the 4.3 and 5.0 reign and maybe next year they'll show us something we've never heard of.

In the end, that's what matters. I don't care if you can take Android or Windows features and make them more shiny. I want something that makes me rethink how devices are used. The "wow!" moment. If you're already in Apple's ecosystem, you're in for a great refresh. Today a user said, "Apple has shown me they can and will fight to stay up top". To that I have to disagree. They've shown us they'll fight to catch up to 2012. But it's the middle of 2013. Being 2 years behind is a MAJOR problem in technology.

I guess I shouldn't care, there was no chance of me becoming an adopter, but I really wanted something to push competition and maybe this company is just out of their league.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm watching this through different lenses than others, but this was an epic fail in light of the hype. There are some UI changes, that oddly enough make it look more like ICS/JB from Android. There are feature updates from ICS/JB added, lock screen widgets, control panel, improvements to multitasking, photo and music sharing, etc. But it's still a shiny app drawer that's struggling to keep up with being 1-2 years behind. iOS 6 was a full 2 years behind, being stuck somewhere between GB and ICS. Now a year later I'd put it approximately on par with ICS with some JB flavors included, maybe 4.1.

Giving iOS a holo-esque UI update and features that we've all seen available to 80% of the smart phones in the world since 2011 is not called innovation. To Apple's credit, iOS 7 looks like a MAJOR update when compared to iOS 6. It's huge. But it's not competing against itself. But we have to keep in mind, it's not here to compete with 4.0 or 4.1, it's here to compete with 4.3 and 5.0. In that battle, since it is a year behind 4.2 innovation, we should fully expect it to continue to lag behind throughout the 4.3 and 5.0 reign and maybe next year they'll show us something we've never heard of.

In the end, that's what matters. I don't care if you can take Android or Windows features and make them more shiny. I want something that makes me rethink how devices are used. The "wow!" moment. If you're already in Apple's ecosystem, you're in for a great refresh. Today a user said, "Apple has shown me they can and will fight to stay up top". To that I have to disagree. They've shown us they'll fight to catch up to 2012. But it's the middle of 2013. Being 2 years behind is a MAJOR problem in technology.

I guess I shouldn't care, there was no chance of me becoming an adopter, but I really wanted something to push competition and maybe this company is just out of their league.

Considering the response so far, everything you posted above is nonsense. I'm not quite sure where you're getting that this update will be two years behind, because even iOS 6 wasn't that far behind. The only major area where it lagged was in design, which has been remedied here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish