Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 204
Like Tree124Likes
  1. #76  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    He never mentioned anything about copying...

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Umm he did later on

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #77  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Manufacturers of android phones have said so. And one website, no doubt populated by people that also frequent forums such as this, is not evidence of anything.
    What? Seriously? Slag a very popular site that offers unique Android experience as well as AC all in one post. Wow, not sure how to respond.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  3. #78  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Lets tone back a little on all of the hostility going on here, please...
    Shut this down. Save us from ourselves.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  4. #79  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    What? Seriously? Slag a very popular site that offers unique Android experience as well as AC all in one post. Wow, not sure how to respond.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    That's because you read it wrong. There was no 'slagging' going on. I was referring to enthusiast sites. People that post here are not normal users and they represent an absolutely tiny percent of overall users.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
  5. #80  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    That's because you read it wrong. There was no 'slagging' going on. I was referring to enthusiast sites. People that post here are not normal users and they represent an absolutely tiny percent of overall users.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    I think you need to re-read your comments. It reads poorly. Mycolorscreen.com is a fantastic site with thousands of very dedicated people using everything Android had to offer. And to generalize like you did was in poor taste.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  6. #81  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I think you need to re-read your comments. It reads poorly. Mycolorscreen.com is a fantastic site with thousands of very dedicated people using everything Android had to offer. And to generalize like you did was in poor taste.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    There was no generalization. Again, you are reading it wrong. People that post at that site and post here are not normal consumers, and what they post there and here is not evidence of anything.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #82  
    cckgz4's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    On Crackberry, this week is apparently Blackberry's last week to "get it right", and somewhere in the world, someone declared it's Windows Phone's last chance to "get it right"

    iOS is FAR from being the company that has one or two phone models left before they go bankrupt a la Palm. They have BILLIONS and a fanbase that is TRULY dedicated. Third Party manufacturers make accessories SPECIFICALLY for them. There are IPOD/IPHONE DOCKS in cars now. They are not going to go away just because they didn't impress YOU. The faster some of y'all accept that, the better off you'll be.
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...
    Thanked by:
  8. #83  
    cckgz4's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    There will always be the apple dumb masses that will just love anything that apple does and when they show off iOS 7 it may have elements that are similar to Android, things Apple fanatics may have criticized Android devices for having in the past and now will go all stupid over these new features as if apple invented it for the very first time.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Just like Android has their "dumb masses" that can't sit still because they need the phone with the latest and greatest specs?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    There will always be the apple dumb masses that will just love anything that apple does and when they show off iOS 7 it may have elements that are similar to Android, things Apple fanatics may have criticized Android devices for having in the past and now will go all stupid over these new features as if apple invented it for the very first time.

    Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Just like Android has their "dumb masses" that can't sit still because they need the phone with the latest and greatest specs?
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...
  9. #84  
    cckgz4's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post


    As WP and BB are no threat, Android and iOS will remain the top two for the forseeable future. Combined they control around 90% of global marketshare already. I'd love to see some new players, because the "rock the world" culture thrives more in a more competitive atmosphere. Clearly Google and Apple are both going to push their respective systems in different ways, but there are no real threats to either right now and I wouldn't expect any major market share changes during the next year or so, at least.
    You slightly contradicted yourself. If people, like yourself, are looking for that "third" option for a phone, why wouldn't BB and WP not be a threat? If anything, WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #85  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,674 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,713 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    You slightly contradicted yourself. If people, like yourself, are looking for that "third" option for a phone, why wouldn't BB and WP not be a threat? If anything, WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple
    I disagree. I think I said I'd love to see a new player, but that in current state WP and BB aren't it in any meaningful way. You're right of course that there are other options available now, but given that they add up to around 10% of the market, they're hardly prominent and barely relevant to the mainstream at current state.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  11. #86  
    cckgz4's Avatar

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I disagree. I think I said I'd love to see a new player, but that in current state WP and BB aren't it in any meaningful way. You're right of course that there are other options available now, but given that they add up to around 10% of the market, they're hardly prominent and barely relevant to the mainstream at current state.
    I agree that they don't have huge marketshare but people are noticing

    Sent from my Lum...iPh...Gala...some phone
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock and Chetan Takyar like this.
  12. #87  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple
    From the end of 2011 to the end of 2012, WP's market share nearly doubled.

    From 1.2% to 2.3%. That's a very slow pace.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  13. #88  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    You slightly contradicted yourself. If people, like yourself, are looking for that "third" option for a phone, why wouldn't BB and WP not be a threat? If anything, WP's traction is gaining at a steady pace, if not much faster than Windows Phone 7. From the Bing challenges to the Windows Phone challenges to the adverts, I think the customer is becoming aware that there is something else besides Samsung and Apple
    Whoever is in third place needs to have at least a double-digit marketshare percentage to even be a contender, IMO.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    JeffDenver likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #89  
    Rule9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    811 Posts
    Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    To follow up to my op, this does a good enough job to sum up my reaction to wwdc

    So I won't be eating my hat after all
  15. #90  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    All of the manufacturers have data to support the fact that most customers don't use them. Android is the only one that has it because other manufacturers have realized consumers don't care about it.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but just about every Android user I know uses them. ("them" being widgets)
    (btw, I've been a staff member on a number Galaxy S forums for over 3 years now, so I know a lot of users)
    Just sayin...

    tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 06-12-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.
  16. #91  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    I'm actually really impressed iOS 7 looks great.

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  17. #92  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    From where they are coming from, it does look great. I think they are making strides in the right direction.

    tap'n
  18. #93  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    To follow up to my op, this does a good enough job to sum up my reaction to wwdc

    So I won't be eating my hat after all
    It it was a revamp and a massive one.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #94  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:
    JeffDenver and badbrad17 like this.
  20. #95  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    To follow up to my op, this does a good enough job to sum up my reaction to wwdc

    So I won't be eating my hat after all
    Wow did you read the comments on that post? Same old arguments as always. Like the Irish Catholics vs the Protestants. Lol.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  21. #96  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    It it was a revamp and a massive one.

    Posted via Android Central App
    one girls massive is another girls small Chetan . Sorry buddy.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  22. #97  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but just about every Android user I know uses them. ("them" being widgets)
    (btw, I've been a staff member on a number Galaxy S forums for over 3 years now, so I know a lot of users)
    Just sayin...

    tap'n
    he's been quoting this drivel for days and has nothing to back it up. I'm not saying every Android user is fully engulfed in using widgets but I would agree that every person I know with an android phone uses some type of widget.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    CR6 likes this.
  23. #98  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    one girls massive is another girls small Chetan . Sorry buddy.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    If you know what I mean...

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
    CR6 and neonworm like this.
  24. #99  

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance

    Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    If you know what I mean...

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Bow chicka bow wow

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    CR6, badbrad17 and Chetan Takyar like this.
  25. #100  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

    Default Re: This week is iOS's last chance



    Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM
  2. Replies: 211
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
  3. I'm Getting Hero This Week.
    By gmac#ac in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 01:53 PM
  4. This forum is shaping up nicely.
    By nursescott in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

B