Would you go back to any other phone?

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: would you go back to any other phone?

I've left Android and I'm never coming back.

I'll return to Google when they release a chromephone though. (I'm guessing that will happen in about 2015 or 2016.)

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I would go back to iPhone if they increased the screen size and overhauled ios 7 heavily before it came out (in other words redo the whole thing because it's terrible). Otherwise, I'm sticking with android. I would miss it dearly if I switched to anything else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

cam97

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

I went from iPhone to HTC One and I would not go back at all. The open source and the HTC Sense is very nice. I was going to get Samsung but I just saw it as a another apple except for Androids so I stayed away from it. Which lead me to the others such as Motorola, Nexus and HTC, and I chose the HTC One and haven't looked back. Depending on how well HTC does I might stay to the line but if not I will definitely consider a Motorola or Samsung.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I started out with Blackberry with T-Mobile, then Iphone, but I loathed AT&T more than I liked the phone so I went to Verizon with Droids, then Iphone with Verizon, then Samsung GS3, Note2, then Iphone again and finally back to Samsung with the Note 3 and there is no way I'm ever going back. After all this phone hopping I have finally found the one that works for me.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Man, I would go back to the Sony Ericsson W810i.

3318-1.jpg

That was a great phone... I still have it but the battery is dead. Forget all them other OS's. Proprietary OS FTW! :)

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Give me an updated version of another Sony Ericsson, a P910i, please!
I had 8.Still have 3 in various states. I fondle them occasionally.
Wonderful resistive screen, stylus equipped, 5-way scrolling wheel. 256mb Pro Duo card! 0.3mp camera!
Many ways to type, but the stylus against a 3 layer on-screen keyboard was heaven. Many things to improve for sure. But some of the concepts could be added to modern phones.
Getting a little over sentimental. SE P910i.jpg

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Give me an updated version of another Sony Ericsson, a P910i, please!
I had 8.Still have 3 in various states. I fondle them occasionally.
Wonderful resistive screen, stylus equipped, 5-way scrolling wheel. 256mb Pro Duo card! 0.3mp camera!
Many ways to type, but the stylus against a 3 layer on-screen keyboard was heaven. Many things to improve for sure. But some of the concepts could be added to modern phones.
Getting a little over sentimental. View attachment 114644

Pssssh. The W810i had a 2GB Memory stick and a 2MP sensor with LED flash. The sensor was so big you could hear it whir when it focused...

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

I still haven't gotten a decent android phone. My first was the Samsung Gem (terrible, crap for hardware) and my current is the LG Optimus S (grand father). But given my luck with under performing phones, I would not go back to my previous flip phone (even if the battery life lasted me a day). Besides, my Optimus now serves as a glorified GBA with my MOGA pocket ^^.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I had a BlackBerry 8330 Curve before I ever had an android phone.I have had 5 android phones all on vzw, HTC Incredible, Moto DX ,Samsung Galaxy Nexus,Samsung Galaxy S3,and Moto X. I never had to have a single android phone replaced. I did have to have my 8330 replaced.
I can't see myself going back to BB ever. :)

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Lg optimus s

So much development!

Even though the specs were low

Posted via Android Central App

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Once in a while I'll go back to my cheap prepaid flip phone. You can't accidentally dial a closed flip phone. The battery life lasts for days. Plus, if you remember how to text using a number pad, you could send an SMS with your eyes closed! :)

thatdennis

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

I would try out and perhaps go back to Windows Phone, if they released phones with up-to-date specs and their OS is already mature. Mature here means that it's usability is smooth without bugs (as now it is buggy), and there are apps that I need in the store. This will probably happen in 2016+. I love Android, but I usually loathe customizing my phone (as when I customize it, I'm never happy with it and keep wanting to improve it, increasing lag), and using a Windows Phone helps me detain that urge. Yet Windows Phone isn't as mature as I expected yet, so not using it yet.

I'm against an iPhone, or anything apple related except the iPod, since they are too mainstream in my society and forces me to be bound to their ecosystem. I also hate the iOS, it looks disgusting to me (just irks me).

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

My experience with Android wasn't as good as what I hoped. Part of the reason why is because I am tied to the Microsoft Ecosystem. I didn't like how Microsoft didn't fix the outlook app for syncing with Outlook.com.

#1. Contacts were a one way sync, with no editing on the phone
#2. I set up outlook.com as an EAS account and the calendar didn't sync correctly. I have several calendars I use for work and personal. (Birthday, work, home, bills calendar)
#3. My LG G2 become laggy after just a little bit of time, I did a hard reset and it fixed the problem but it came back :(
#4. Battery life wasn't as good as expected, I got much better battery life with the same thing turned on with my Lumia 920 and my iPhone 5s.

I just used T-Mobile jump! to get a iPhone 5s, I like the phone, email, contacts and calendar work flawlessly, and the only thing I don't like is the small screen. I loved my Lumia 920 but MS isnt' releasing any top of the line Windows PHones on Tmobile anytime soon so I went with an iPhone (at least for the next 6 months).

Both experiences with Android (2009 and the last 6 months) haven't been positive, thou this time was much more than the mytouch I had in 2009. If Microsoft can not only get more apps, but freaken have better app quality I would go back in a heart beat. Facebook still hasn't hasn't made an app for Windows Phone and the one by Microsoft is surely lacking.

Crichton333

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Sony Ericsson K700, best looking phone I ever had. Man Im going to eBay and get one just for the sentimental value :)

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Lg optimus v.... good priced phone and would not die. I did so many flashes,mods, software tweaks and never screwed up on me. Still works but in the end just wanted a slightly bigger newer phone

Sent from my SPH-L300 using AC Forums mobile app