Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you go back to any other phone?

So if you came over from iPhone,BB,Windows to Android,would you go back to one of those phones later on or no?
    iPad iPhone 4,4s,5,5s Nexus 7 (2013) Galaxy S4 Nexus 5 and so much more.....

Default Re: would you go back to any other phone?

No, I'd miss android's power and flexibility

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    PONIES
    neonworm likes this.

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

I've left Android and I'm never coming back.

I'll return to Google when they release a chromephone though. (I'm guessing that will happen in about 2015 or 2016.)
    Android smartphones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid 2
    Android tablets: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T 16GB with keyboard dock

Not entirely.
    Banned

I would go back to iPhone if they increased the screen size and overhauled ios 7 heavily before it came out (in other words redo the whole thing because it's terrible). Otherwise, I'm sticking with android. I would miss it dearly if I switched to anything else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Orlan2 likes this.

I went from iPhone to HTC One and I would not go back at all. The open source and the HTC Sense is very nice. I was going to get Samsung but I just saw it as a another apple except for Androids so I stayed away from it. Which lead me to the others such as Motorola, Nexus and HTC, and I chose the HTC One and haven't looked back. Depending on how well HTC does I might stay to the line but if not I will definitely consider a Motorola or Samsung.

I started out with Blackberry with T-Mobile, then Iphone, but I loathed AT&T more than I liked the phone so I went to Verizon with Droids, then Iphone with Verizon, then Samsung GS3, Note2, then Iphone again and finally back to Samsung with the Note 3 and there is no way I'm ever going back. After all this phone hopping I have finally found the one that works for me.
    Madd54 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Man, I would go back to the Sony Ericsson W810i.

That was a great phone... I still have it but the battery is dead. Forget all them other OS's. Proprietary OS FTW!

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by 2:

Give me an updated version of another Sony Ericsson, a P910i, please!
    I had 8.Still have 3 in various states. I fondle them occasionally.
    Wonderful resistive screen, stylus equipped, 5-way scrolling wheel. 256mb Pro Duo card! 0.3mp camera!
    Many ways to type, but the stylus against a 3 layer on-screen keyboard was heaven. Many things to improve for sure. But some of the concepts could be added to modern phones.
    Getting a little over sentimental. Would you go back to any other phone?-se-p910i.jpg
    I know nothing.
    Spencerdl and wizzrah like this.

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Give me an updated version of another Sony Ericsson, a P910i, please!
    I had 8.Still have 3 in various states. I fondle them occasionally.
    Wonderful resistive screen, stylus equipped, 5-way scrolling wheel. 256mb Pro Duo card! 0.3mp camera!
    Many ways to type, but the stylus against a 3 layer on-screen keyboard was heaven. Many things to improve for sure. But some of the concepts could be added to modern phones.
    Getting a little over sentimental. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE P910i.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	114644

Pssssh. The W810i had a 2GB Memory stick and a 2MP sensor with LED flash. The sensor was so big you could hear it whir when it focused...
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

I still haven't gotten a decent android phone. My first was the Samsung Gem (terrible, crap for hardware) and my current is the LG Optimus S (grand father). But given my luck with under performing phones, I would not go back to my previous flip phone (even if the battery life lasted me a day). Besides, my Optimus now serves as a glorified GBA with my MOGA pocket ^^.

Global Posts
    7,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I had a BlackBerry 8330 Curve before I ever had an android phone.I have had 5 android phones all on vzw, HTC Incredible, Moto DX ,Samsung Galaxy Nexus,Samsung Galaxy S3,and Moto X. I never had to have a single android phone replaced. I did have to have my 8330 replaced.
    I can't see myself going back to BB ever.
    wizzrah and Madd54 like this.

Lg optimus s

So much development!

Even though the specs were low

Posted via Android Central App
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 and Madd54 like this.

Once in a while I'll go back to my cheap prepaid flip phone. You can't accidentally dial a closed flip phone. The battery life lasts for days. Plus, if you remember how to text using a number pad, you could send an SMS with your eyes closed!
    Madd54 likes this.

I would try out and perhaps go back to Windows Phone, if they released phones with up-to-date specs and their OS is already mature. Mature here means that it's usability is smooth without bugs (as now it is buggy), and there are apps that I need in the store. This will probably happen in 2016+. I love Android, but I usually loathe customizing my phone (as when I customize it, I'm never happy with it and keep wanting to improve it, increasing lag), and using a Windows Phone helps me detain that urge. Yet Windows Phone isn't as mature as I expected yet, so not using it yet.

I'm against an iPhone, or anything apple related except the iPod, since they are too mainstream in my society and forces me to be bound to their ecosystem. I also hate the iOS, it looks disgusting to me (just irks me).

My experience with Android wasn't as good as what I hoped. Part of the reason why is because I am tied to the Microsoft Ecosystem. I didn't like how Microsoft didn't fix the outlook app for syncing with Outlook.com.

#1. Contacts were a one way sync, with no editing on the phone
    #2. I set up outlook.com as an EAS account and the calendar didn't sync correctly. I have several calendars I use for work and personal. (Birthday, work, home, bills calendar)
    #3. My LG G2 become laggy after just a little bit of time, I did a hard reset and it fixed the problem but it came back
    #4. Battery life wasn't as good as expected, I got much better battery life with the same thing turned on with my Lumia 920 and my iPhone 5s.

I just used T-Mobile jump! to get a iPhone 5s, I like the phone, email, contacts and calendar work flawlessly, and the only thing I don't like is the small screen. I loved my Lumia 920 but MS isnt' releasing any top of the line Windows PHones on Tmobile anytime soon so I went with an iPhone (at least for the next 6 months).

Both experiences with Android (2009 and the last 6 months) haven't been positive, thou this time was much more than the mytouch I had in 2009. If Microsoft can not only get more apps, but freaken have better app quality I would go back in a heart beat. Facebook still hasn't hasn't made an app for Windows Phone and the one by Microsoft is surely lacking.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Nope, only going forward.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by isdaako View Post
    Nope, only going forward.
    I would agree with you on that... only problem is the battery.....

Sony Ericsson K700, best looking phone I ever had. Man Im going to eBay and get one just for the sentimental value
    Madd54 likes this.

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

Default Re: Would you go back to any other phone?

Lg optimus v.... good priced phone and would not die. I did so many flashes,mods, software tweaks and never screwed up on me. Still works but in the end just wanted a slightly bigger newer phone

Sent from my SPH-L300 using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

I) try to go Android every once in awhile but whether it's the OEM or the general software, it ends up annoying me after a week. It's like using WinMo without the magic.

Yes I would.....I'm not loyal to anyone but my Wife and myself. It's whatever makes us HAPPY....SMILE
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    mumfoau and Madd54 like this.

Great thread. No I will never go back. Was a diehard apple fan, had the iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, a ton of Mac desktops and laptops, etc but took me forever and the guts to make the jump to Android and the Note 3 as my only mobile device.

Loving the. Note 3 so much I can't see myself ever going back to the iPhone EVER. Things I never thought of doing on the iPhone or thought even possible I'm doing easily on the Note 3

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    Spencerdl and Madd54 like this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I'm coming from WP8 on a Lumia 720. It was nice but since switching I've come to appreciate the app selection. That 8.1 update seems to satisfy the notification center problem that I didn't know was a problem until I got an Android tablet. It would be hard to go back after being able to use all these nice apps. Windows Phone was great because it was good on a relatively weak phone like a Lumia 720 but their newer phones on the $300 and lower phones don't look all that good. They're still coming out with 512mb of memory and on my 720 that thing would crash occasionally. Budget Android phones are looking about just as good as cheap WP phones in terms of fluidity.

Budget Android phones will be even smoother when A53 phones come out. As the lower end gets stronger the selling point of Windows Phone on low end hardware becomes less pronounced. I'm on a Note II I bought used for cheap off a friend and this thing hasn't had me feeling like I need huger power gains. A53's are supposed to be as powerful as A9's and even better after the die shrinks past 28nm plus Android is constantly getting more fluid. My main reason to go Windows Phone so I can get a smooth experience on a budget has pretty much dried up now. They'd have to seriously drive up adoption so it can have closer app parity before I switch back and that's with me already having a largely high opinion of Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Went from iOS to Android to Windows Phone 8 to Android to BlackBerry 10. Gonna stick with BlackBerry 10 for now

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast