What would you do: HTC One (M8), Galaxy S5, or wait for iPhone 6?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: What phone would you

Its not necessarily the material I am talking about
- I like the shape of the S5 much better than the shape of the M8....I like my phones rectangular not round
- I definitely like the camera better than the M8
Now the aluminum is nyce, but the M8 itself is not for me
As for the plastic on the S5, it doesn't look that bad to me, and the reviews say it feels really nice too

I think that's something that people are missing about Samsung devices. Yes they use plastic, but there are people who like the feel of it, the weight of it, and the look of it. If that's the case, them it doesn't matter that the HTC M8 is made out of metal if the Samsung feels better. It's about the user experience. I never had a problem with how Samsung made their phones. I thought the Note 2 was one of the best looking phones I have owned and I have owned many.

Sent from my Nexus 5

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I never had a problem with how Samsung made their phones. I thought the Note 2 was one of the best looking phones I have owned and I have owned many

Same here... I owned two Samsung phones... both were great... I always get a chuckle out of the hate on Samsung using plastic and how cheap and crappy, etc.... Yet the public appears to disagree and, worldwide, snatch those things up left and right.

Funny seeing the iPhone 6 on this list since no on really knows anything about the phone.... so sight unseen, you'd pick that phone? Come on...

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Really why? So all plastic looks better than that gun metal aluminum on the M8? Hmm interesting comment to say the least

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

It's all personal preference. So you don't need to go bashing someone cause they don't like the m8.

Posted via Android Central App

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a smartphone shutter bug so the M8's Ultrapixel camera was disappointing. If the S5 camera is top notch, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, I'll likely be waiting for the iPhone 6.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
as boring and locked down as ios is, when it comes to taking clean sharp pictures, no phone compares to the iphone (and I'm no iphone fan) all androids are behind in that aspect

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
as boring and locked down as ios is, when it comes to taking clean sharp pictures, no phone compares to the iphone (and I'm no iphone fan) all androids are behind in that aspect

I like the 5s' photos just fine too but don't see it as boring yet. ...but it's only been ~ two months.

via that gPad 📱

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Its not necessarily the material I am talking about
- I like the shape of the S5 much better than the shape of the M8....I like my phones rectangular not round
- I definitely like the camera better than the M8
Now the aluminum is nyce, but the M8 itself is not for me
As for the plastic on the S5, it doesn't look that bad to me, and the reviews say it feels really nice too

Oh yes form factor that does make sense, i see what your saying

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't find ios boring, I find it much more stable than Android, and I don't have to deal with the stupid Android notification bar that stuffs a billion icons in itself for each notification of each app.

It may be locked down, but I've used so many launchers and never stuck with one because I never found a perfect fit or perfect way to set up my home screens, but on iOS I have no complaints about the aesthetic look of my launcher.

Also I find that all Android keyboards suck, no matter what I choose.

My phone unless rooted would never be on the latest software. And Google play has a habit of crashing me and my friends phone who doing some app updates

I'm very close to leaving the platform and going all ios, the only things I don't like or will miss are widgets and being able to select things easier on the screen.

Right now the only thing that can save me from going full ios is the note 4,but if the iPhone 6 is 5.5,there is no chance I'm staying on this platform

I know alot of people will disagree with me, and I still do consider Android the better platform, but it has too many negatives for me, I'll revisit it in a few years if things are better

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't find ios boring, I find it much more stable than Android, and I don't have to deal with the stupid Android notification bar that stuffs a billion icons in itself for each notification of each app.

It may be locked down, but I've used so many launchers and never stuck with one because I never found a perfect fit or perfect way to set up my home screens, but on iOS I have no complaints about the aesthetic look of my launcher.

My phone unless rooted would never be on the latest software. And Google play has a habit of crashing me and my friends phone who doing some app updates

I'm very close to leaving the platform and going all ios, the only things I don't like or will miss are widgets and being able to select things easier on the screen.

Right now the only thing that can save me from going full ios is the note 4,but if the iPhone 6 is 5.5,there is no chance I'm staying on this platform

I know alot of people will disagree with me, and I still do consider Android the better platform, but it has too many negatives for me, I'll revisit it in a few years if things are better

I did leave android and went all iOS for many of the same types of reasons you've described. I just last week fired up the old gPad 8.3. There's things to like.

via the phone 📲

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm finding it hard to disagree with someone so pretty. ;)

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: What would you do: HTC One (M8), Galaxy S5, or wait for iPhone 6?

To keep it short, don't get the S5, wait for more about the iPhone 6 to be revealed before deciding on that, but if you need one of the three now, the M8 is your best choice (although the M7 is much cheaper and is extremely similar, so that is also a good option).