Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What would you do: HTC One (M8), Galaxy S5, or wait for iPhone 6?

What would you wait until the iPhone 6 comes out, get the S5 or the htc one m8?

Default Re: What would you do

This is what I was originally trying to decide. However, I've had iPhones since the original, and have since become a bit bored. I like the S5 specs, but the plastic build bothers me. Therefore, I'm giving the M8 a shot which will be my first HTC and first android phone.
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 
    DS1331 likes this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I would get the m8 but your probably going to get that answer alot in this forum.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm going to give the M8 a whirl and if I don't like it, then the S5. Never, ever will I have a Iphone.
    Jimmy Walker likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default What phone would you

What phone would you rather have now the iPhone 6, m8 or the s5?

Default Re: What phone would you

This is already being discussed in another thread......
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ced-s5-m8.html
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by m22run View Post
    What phone would you rather have now the iPhone 6, m8 or the s5?
    IPhone 6-M8-S5 in that order.

Posted via Android Central App

I would get the M8. But I won't buy apple and I extremely dislike TouchWiz. I currently have a Moto X on my bedside table and a Nexus 5 in hand. I ordered the M8 on a whim. If it just had wireless charging it would be the perfect phone for me. And yes, I know I have a problem :-P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

S5 for me
    M8 doesn't meet up to my standards in looks and camera
    I don;t like iPhone
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

the iphone won't be out before late summer at the earliest, that's a long time to wait (for me, but i buy a new phone every couple months it seems)

personally, i won't touch samsung with their horrible touchwiz overlay. i've learned my lesson after a gs3 and a note 3. (3gb of ram and it still lags opening a messaging app?!)

if you can get over the taller dimensions of the m8 and the lower MP (honestly if you don't plan to zoom and crop you'll be fine) then the m8 is the clear choice.

or you can buy my iphone 5s

Quote Originally Posted by m22run View Post
    What would you wait until the iPhone 6 comes out, get the S5 or the htc one m8?
    None of the ones mention
    LG-isai

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Default Re: What would you do: HTC One (M8), Galaxy S5, or wait for iPhone 6?

If you don't care for the thread, then just move on. Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I'm buying the M8 in a few days and sell it when Apple releases iPhone 6 5.5".

Global Posts
    7,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Realistically, if you're waiting for the fall anyways - there are going to be several other devices released between now and the iPhone 6 which would make the comparison much more interesting at that point. If you're in the market for a device right now, the M8, S5, iPhone 5s, Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 are the best available (not in that order by any means). What are you looking for out of your device? Newness? Or is there something you like/dislike about these two that isn't being addressed by some of the other devices?
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

I plan on buying the HTC One (M8) now and selling my iPhone 5s with my mophie pack on ebay. I also plan on buying the iPhone 6 i like the feel of premium phones with metals i usually buy two phones a year the iPhone always and what ever android device catches my attention i loved the note 3 , i sold my nexus 5 just didn't like that screen seemed washed out and the cam was not good either.
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    Realistically, if you're waiting for the fall anyways - there are going to be several other devices released between now and the iPhone 6 which would make the comparison much more interesting at that point. If you're in the market for a device right now, the M8, S5, iPhone 5s, Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 are the best available (not in that order by any means). What are you looking for out of your device? Newness? Or is there something you like/dislike about these two that isn't being addressed by some of the other devices?
    Agree. Nexus 5 is one of the best devices I own. I love the natural colors and decent shooter.
    madlaw1071 likes this.

Even the the M8 looks really good and the S5 looks feature rich, I won't be getting either of them. The iPhone 6 could be a possibility, but that depends on what they come with. It has to be more than just a bigger screen because my current device already fits the bill in that department. I have the Nexus 5 and it is a really solid device. I may just wait out the year and get the new Nexus when it drops. All of these phones coming out now are intriguing, but they aren't really better than the Nexus 5 which costs half the price in some cases. And then to know that the next Nexus will probably trump these phones on specs when it drops makes it easier to just wait. Which I probably need to exercise some self-control when it comes to purchasing smartphones anyway. So it is better overall for my personal growth not to buy any of these phones the OP mentioned.
    madlaw1071 likes this.

S5, iPhone6 then M8. Not a fan of how the HTC One and One M8 look.
    Premium1 likes this.

It's a bad assessment now as there has been no official announcement for the iPhone 6 to know what its specs will be. We are comparing a rumored/fantasy device to two real devices.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    This is already being discussed in another thread......
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ced-s5-m8.html
    Technically not since that string doesn't include the iPhone 6. Of course, it also doesn't include fat free donuts, perpetual motion machines, rainbow powered unicorn motorcycles either, or other fictional creations either.

FTR: S5, M8, S4, MotoX, Note 3, M7, Note 2, LG2, Lumia 1520, S3, iPhone ___

Well I am an Android guy so iPhone 6 is out imo. I will not trash iPhones as they are the best option for a lot of people. When it comes down to the M8 vs. S5, I would go with the M8. I have had the Note 2 and Note 3 and loved them, but I picked up an M8 on launch day and couldn't be happier. The biggest thing I like about the M8 is Sense is much less in your face and has a lot less bloat. Some of the features Samsung adds in are useful, but I rarely used a single one. I did run Nova on the Notes so they looked more stock, but all of that bloat is still running in the background. If you use a lot of it, it isn't bloat to you, but it was to me. I have found the size and design of the M8 just fits me perfectly. Another thing that is a positive is the M8 seems to have better radios. The M8 signal matches my Moto X and the Note was always worse. The S5 may be better, but just speaking from experience since both Notes did not perform as well in the signal department. I will be selling my Note 3 today and stick with my M8 and Moto X. That is not to say I will not get another Samsung phone, but for now I am loving my M8. With all of that being said, I don't think you will have a bad experience either way. It all comes down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    Technically not since that string doesn't include the iPhone 6. Of course, it also doesn't include fat free donuts, perpetual motion machines, rainbow powered unicorn motorcycles either, or other fictional creations either.

FTR: S5, M8, S4, MotoX, Note 3, M7, Note 2, LG2, Lumia 1520, S3, iPhone ___
    Darn I was really looking forward to the rainbow powered unicorn motorcycles

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    Pretty much this. If you're willing to wait until the iPhone 6, then you will have a lot more options by that time. If you need a phone now, it's going to depend on your uses, needs, and wants in a phone as all of those mentioned above offer a different balance of pros and cons.

I'm waiting for everything to come out, leaning towards the iPhone 6 tho

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I'm buying the M8 in a few days and sell it when Apple releases iPhone 6 5.5".
    lol do you actually believe they're bringing a 5.5" screen? it'd be a leap for them to do a 4.5" screen let alone all the way to a 5.5" lol

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast