HTC One (M8): Just made the switch from the Galaxy S5

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just made the switch from the S5

The majority of reviews I have seen give the M8 preference over the GS5 and the obvious reasons are the inferior build quality of the GS5 and of course TouchWiz. I have yet to come across a review where anyone says they like TouchWiz, instead they are critical of its cartoonish look, how it's over done and how it contributes to lag. All that plus the gimmicky bloatware that take up previous space. Pocketnow, the verge, technobuffalo and Theunlockr to name a few say basically the same thing. IMO the M8 will be named the best Android device of this year a title which no Galaxy device has ever held.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

knkcgrant

Banned
Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

The majority of reviews I have seen give the M8 preference over the GS5 and the obvious reasons are the inferior build quality of the GS5 and of course TouchWiz. I have yet to come across a review where anyone says they like TouchWiz, instead they are critical of its cartoonish look, how it's over done and how it contributes to lag. All that plus the gimmicky bloatware that take up previous space. Pocketnow, the verge, technobuffalo and Theunlockr to name a few say basically the same thing. IMO the M8 will be named the best Android device of this year a title which no Galaxy device has ever held.

Wrong. Samsung has won it.

Posted via Android Central App

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

Not quite true. The SG2 did win Android device of the year.

Wrong. Samsung has won it.

I stand corrected just goggled it and the GS2 won back in 2011.

Regardless, Samsung's current ideology of what a flagship device is has failed to wow the tech community instead it's a being considered slight upgrade from the GS4 and getting at most mediocre reviews unlike the M8. I'll bet my money that the GS5 will sell tons of devices but will not be in the running for best device again for the obvious reasons.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't think Samsung's concern is winning best android device of the year. Samsungs main concern is sales and in that respect they are still winning over HTC and all the other android manufacturers.

As long as Samsung continues to sell 50+ million Galaxy S devices, they will be more than happy.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Just of note-. on VZ, Att ,Sprint, Tmobile and Amazon the M8 scores higher with user reviews.....

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't think Samsung's concern is winning best android device of the year. Samsungs main concern is sales and in that respect they are still winning over HTC and all the other android manufacturers.

As long as Samsung continues to sell 50+ million Galaxy S devices, they will be more than happy.

and when your main concern is just sales,
that's when you start losing ground imho....

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

and when your main concern is just sales,
that's when you start losing ground imho....

Apple has the same mentality, they seen to be doing fine with the iPhone even with only slight upgrades every year.

Samsung is thriving while HTC is unfortunately struggling to profit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Apple has the same mentality, they seen to be doing fine with the iPhone even with only slight upgrades every year.

To be fair though, HTC only makes phones. Samsung makes everything under the sun, as well as LG and Sony. Even Apple makes computers, tablets and iPods. I'm surprised that HTC is able to achieve as much market share as they do these days

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

while maybe true please keep in mind if your an Apple fanboy thats all you'll buy. if your a droid fanboy you have choices.

iknownothing

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

But should we be happy? We should be concerned with which phone is the best. I think you accidentally nailed the problem in your post. Samsung is not concerned with whether or not their phone is the best. And the inferior product is driving superior products out of business. That is very definitely a problem for consumers.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I stand corrected just goggled it and the GS2 won back in 2011.

Regardless, Samsung's current ideology of what a flagship device is has failed to wow the tech community instead it's a being considered slight upgrade from the GS4 and getting at most mediocre reviews unlike the M8. I'll bet my money that the GS5 will sell tons of devices but will not be in the running for best device again for the obvious reasons.

Samsung market isn't for the tech enthusiasts but more for the general population similar to how apple works IMO

Sent from my SM-N900T

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

But should we be happy? We should be concerned with which phone is the best. I think you accidentally nailed the problem in your post. Samsung is not concerned with whether or not their phone is the best. And the inferior product is driving superior products out of business. That is very definitely a problem for consumers.

How is the s5 inferior to the m8? Spec wise they are basically the same.... If you like metal design or the plastic and prefer sense or TouchWiz is all personal opinion

Sent from my SM-N900T

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

How is the s5 inferior to the m8? Spec wise they are basically the same.... If you like metal design or the plastic and prefer sense or TouchWiz is all personal opinion

Sent from my SM-N900T

If it's all personal opinion, then that's his opinion. He thinks Samsung makes inferior products compared to other manufactures. Who are you to question his?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If it's all personal opinion, then that's his opinion. He thinks Samsung makes inferior products compared to other manufactures. Who are you to question his?

Most htc fanboys speak like it is the truth...

Sent from my SM-N900T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams