Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sense 6.0 vs Touchwiz

Myself included always like to use these two as setting the bar for comparing UI's outside of vanilla Android. In the past Touchwiz was considered the better of the two with Sense being heavy and bloated. In recent times Sense has listened and responded with a slimmed down UI and overall better experience. Now does the newest Touchwiz answer the cries from the critics of being bloated, slow or even too cartoonish? Maybe Sense isn't up to your standards either so we'd love to hear your thoughts...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Banned

Default Re: Sense 6.0 vs Touchwiz

I love sense, but it seems with each new iteration they remove more features! I miss the note, messaging, picture frame and email widgets! If they take anything else I'll probably just get a blackberry!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Sense 6, for it's fluidity and lightness

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    TomsAndroid likes this.

Global Posts
    20,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I am not too wild about Sense, but it has tone through some wonderful changes over the past couple years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

I hated the old Sense on my old Incredible, but today's Sense is a lot better, and it's superior to Samsung's latest Touchwiz which itself is far superior to older versions.

That being said, it should be an option to remove them and go back to the stock Android launcher. Bury it 10 directories deep and put it behind 10 lawyer proof Agree Walls, but for God's sakes, put it there for those of us that want it.

I have only played with TouchWiz in the store. In my short time it seemed to get in the way of doing things and added too much to Android. touchWiz felt like it was trying to be a OS by itself - instead of complimenting Android like the 6th Sense does. I love vanilla Android would only use Nexus devices for the experience; however, Sense adds some features without over taking the vanilla experience. Rather enjoyable to use.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    I hated the old Sense on my old Incredible, but today's Sense is a lot better, and it's superior to Samsung's latest Touchwiz which itself is far superior to older versions.

That being said, it should be an option to remove them and go back to the stock Android launcher. Bury it 10 directories deep and put it behind 10 lawyer proof Agree Walls, but for God's sakes, put it there for those of us that want it.
    You absolutely have the option to use stock Google. Root your phone and flash the gpe rom. Done!

Rooting is rather easy and safe these days. Most people who know how to use a phone, computer, and follow step by step instructions (or watch a video) can easily root and flash custom roms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

That's not an option for those of us on Verizon as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post

Rooting is rather easy and safe these days.
    erm, no on both accounts.

Its very risky for bricking the phone and WILL void warranty.

*My definition of "bricking" is putting your phone in such a state that you cant fix it without outside help.
    *My definition of voiding your warranty is your phone manufacturer posting your phone back to you unrepaired regardless, leaving you with a paperweight unless you spend lots and lots of time arguing with the OEM.

Motorola have it spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf72 View Post
    erm, no on both accounts.

Its very risky for bricking the phone and WILL void warranty.

*My definition of "bricking" is putting your phone in such a state that you cant fix it without outside help.
    *My definition of voiding your warranty is your phone manufacturer posting your phone back to you unrepaired regardless, leaving you with a paperweight unless you spend lots and lots of time arguing with the OEM.

Motorola have it spot on
    In what way is rooting not easy? It consists only of connecting the phone to a computer and typing a few commands and in some cases, erasing the OS and installing another one. Also, I have rooted so many times, it has never failed - it can only be risky when modifying certain system files.

The benefits far outweigh the risk. (The best being 7 hours SOT on a Nexus 5.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf72 View Post
    Motorola have it spot on
    Basically.