Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By AirSupply
  • 1 Post By Skyway
  • 1 Post By jlarkins08
  • 1 Post By Shilohcane
  • 1 Post By bucketheadmn
  • 2 Post By Skyway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Boomsound love it or leave it?

Like many smartphone users your into your music and enjoy listening to it on your device. With that said what do you think of HTC's " Boomsound " .. Love it or leave it?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-28-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: HTC One : Boomsound love it or leave it?

I must admit. The speakers on this thing are pretty damn incredible for a CELL phone! Great for using the speakerphone while on a call, but it's about the equivalent of a real nice alarm clock radio in my opinion. Love, but I say leave it.

I am second for the sound quality. It impresses people around me every time when the ringtone comes off
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

Personally I almost always watch movies or listen to music with headphones. So boomsound, while nice, doesn't impact what device I get

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I can leave it. Really don't need those type of speakers on a phone. As long as the speaker is clear and has decent volume, I'm good. When I want better or louder, I'll use a good pair of headphones or a powered external speaker.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

I would survive without it. I rarely use the speakers on devices and opt for earphones.

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Love it, it's much clearer/crisper than any other phone/tablet out there. I really couldn't go back to a phone without it

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

Love it, which is why I chose this phone as my first Android phone.. HTC FTW!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

Leave it hate it. Just like my 15 year old Sony boombox system that I use to take to the beach and left it at Goodwill. No one else wants to hear your music. I watch movies or listen to music with wireless Bluetooth headphones.
    Ed Briggs likes this.

One thing I have noticed is that Boomsound is not only the speakers. Everything through the Headphone jack sounds much better. I love it. I use my phone as an alarm and the speakers make a huge difference for me - coming from a Nexus 4.
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

The HTC Boomsound speakers are the best I've heard on a phone, and it's the one thing I wish every company would put on their phones. You may not use your phone's speakers all the time, but when you do, you want the sound to come out of Boomsound speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    The HTC Boomsound speakers are the best I've heard on a phone, and it's the one thing I wish every company would put on their phones. You may not use your phone's speakers all the time, but when you do, you want the sound to come out of Boomsound speakers.
    Sounds like a quote from the most interesting man in the world.

I don't always use the speakers on my phone, but when I do, I want them to come out of BoomSound speakers.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Skyway; 05-02-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by:
    Paul627g and Scott7217 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketheadmn View Post
    One thing I have noticed is that Boomsound is not only the speakers. Everything through the Headphone jack sounds much better. I love it.
    Thanks for pointing that out! It's good to know that some companies actually care about sound quality. Hopefully all devices will have better sound in the future.

I say leave it. I'm either using headphones, bluetooth speakers, or my car speakers. Don't care about cell phone speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    Leave it hate it. Just like my 15 year old Sony boombox system that I use to take to the beach and left it at Goodwill. No one else wants to hear your music. I watch movies or listen to music with wireless Bluetooth headphones.
    Spoken like a true curmudgeon. Love it!

I love BoomSound when I'm actually using it. Most of the time I use earphones/headphones but when I'm showing my friends something in a noisy room, BoomSound helps a lot.