Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By dpham00
  • 2 Post By Synycalwon
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which OEM are you more loyal or supportive of ?

Maybe your a Samsung fan, maybe a HTC fan or even LG, Sony, Moto.. Whatever the case we'd love to hear your comments and thoughts behind it..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: Which OEM are you more loyal or supportive of ?

I am not loyal to any brand per se. I just want the device that best fits my needs.

Personally I have a gotten a phones from a variety of manufacturers including Samsung, HTC, lg, Motorola, and Palm.

I bought the HTC Thunderbolt because it had 4GLTE. I got the HTC Rezound because it had a great hd screen and good radio. Got my Samsung Galaxy S3 because Verizon wasn't allowing you to keep unlimited data and upgrade, plus the increase in screen size is nice. Got my Samsung Galaxy Note II because I wanted an even bigger screen. Got my note 3 because I wanted aws.

I would consider what options are available when I upgrade next, either the note 4 or one of its competitors depending on what is available.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    mumfoau, Synycalwon and wizzrah like this.

Like dpham00, I'm not loyal to any particular OEM. I'm open to any. Where the rubber meets the road though is who makes a device that best fits my needs and wants. So far that has been Samsung, primarily because they still have user-replaceable batteries in their phones. That's a must have for me!

Also, since I've gotten the Note 2, I've grown very fond of the S-Pen, as well as the larger screen size, so those factor in as well. Again in favor of Samsung. I don't intend for it to be that way, it's just how it plays out for what I need/want.

One last consideration for me is carrier; is the device available on Verizon? If not, I can't consider it as I strongly believe a carrier's network and coverage are more important than the device itself. Verizon simply provides the best coverage for my needs and I still have grandfathered unlimited data.
    Thanked by:
    mumfoau and wizzrah like this.

Very much agreed. I wanted the og Note but it wasn't available on Verizon. Also the replaceable battery ranks high on my list

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Synycalwon likes this.

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

As I have developed for HTC devices for a while, I have grown accustomed to them. While I'm not necessarily loyal to them, I will protect their brand because they do make some really great phones (software wise at least >.<). I think my next venture will be Sony devices...

Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T One XL running Karbon Kat. \(^~^)/
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn