Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Default Anyone try an HTC M8?

I am getting either the moto x or HTC M8 this weekend. In my last few weeks, I have yet to find a device that has the usefulness of active notifications and the touch less controls. There are add ons that get close, but nothing I have found can replicate the entire experience, for example "What's Up" command.

Just wondering if others have tried the M8 which is the only other device I am considering. I figure the Moto x still has the better camera and software, although I will miss the camera app and Zoe on the HTC.

Any thoughts?

thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone try an HTC M8?

Quote Originally Posted by mpovolo View Post
    I am getting either the moto x or HTC M8 this weekend. In my last few weeks, I have yet to find a device that has the usefulness of active notifications and the touch less controls. There are add ons that get close, but nothing I have found can replicate the entire experience, for example "What's Up" command.

Just wondering if others have tried the M8 which is the only other device I am considering. I figure the Moto x still has the better camera and software, although I will miss the camera app and Zoe on the HTC.

Any thoughts?

thanks
    well, both the devices are just perfect at their price point and yes as far as the camera is concerned moto x is having better camera than the HTC but still I would say you can't find out it in HTC. The only thing that I can comment upon is the price point i.e moto x is far more cheaper than the HTC M8. As far as my personnel views are concerned I would go for the moto x rather than the HTC M8.
    mpovolo likes this.

The Moto X offers a very unique experience. If you are looking for touchless controls and a smaller form facto , the Moto X is for you. Although, the update to the Moto X could be coming soon.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.
    mpovolo likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Thanks all. Odd thing is I have a Note 3 presently and likely picking up the Moto x today. It really goes to show how each device excels in certain areas making them better choices for people with different priorities. For me I am looking for a decent camera with a priority on voice/touch less features given the amount of time I spend driving. While many devices and apps try to improve on this, the only phone to date I have used (and still swap back and forth to) that has the best bluetooth integration is windows phone 8. Android has been hit and miss with apps and car bluetooth systems. As far as Android goes, Moto x experience has been the best, followed by Samsung with S-voice, especially the voice wakeup "Hi Galaxy". Just my experience.