3 weeks with Android, but I miss iOS so much...(Update: I think though I will stay with Android)

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So, why do I go back to the iPhone?

Many reasons...Android is certainly a good OS, but there are things that bother me and couldn't get used to them:
* App quality is most of the times worse than on iOS. There are some good apps out there though. An example of a whole app category where iOS is unbeatable: Calendar and Tasks apps..It's like night and day..
* The Google Play store cannot be compared to the AppStore...
*If you are not prepared to root your device, then Android OS gets also boring, as iOS...Maybe because both OS work pretty well...
*Notifications: The lock screen notifications of iOS are much better than any plugin or widget can accomplish on Android. Android does't natively support lock screen notifications, but there are widgets and apps that imitate iOS behavior...but they do not work as well as the original...
*Video playback support is not as good as on the iOS...I know there are many video players, but iOS offers much better compatibility with mp4 files. MKV files on the other hand play very well on Android too (you need an app on iOS for that..)
*The fact that Dropbox runs in the background on Android and saves taken pictures automatically is great, but on iOS we have Photostream that does the exact same thing, and is much better integrated in the OS..
*The lack of Mac integration can be frustrating at times...
* The OS is not as polished as iOS and looks worse too! I don't believe I am saying that, but iOS 7 is beautiful...
*No FaceTime and no iMessages...Hangouts is a joke of an application. I am sorry Google fans, but you haven't probably seen Messages and FaceTime working...It's like night and day

About the HTC One M8: It is a great device, has great screen (but with much worse color accuracy compared to the iPhone), has amazing speakers which I will really miss, but it is too big to carry around..After using it for almost three weeks, I can safely say that I don't want such a big phone...I don't want to always worry how I am going to carry it with me, or how I am going to hold it...I believe the current iPhone is a little bit small, so a size up to 4,7" (as a maximum), is ok. If the rumors are true, the next iPhone will offer a 4,7" size...

So, I ordered an iPhone 5S and it comes on Monday morning...Goodbye Android, I will not miss you.

Last edited:

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: 3 weeks with Android, but I miss iOS so much...

Many reasons...Android is certainly a good OS, but there are things that bother me and couldn't get used to them:
* App quality is most of the times worse than on iOS. There are some good apps out there though. An example of a whole app category where iOS is unbeatable: Calendar and Tasks apps..It's like night and day..
*If you are not prepared to root your device, then Android OS gets also boring, as iOS...Maybe because both OS work pretty well...
*Notifications: The lock screen notifications of iOS are much better than any plugin or widget can accomplish on Android. Android does't natively support lock screen notifications, but there are widgets and apps that imitate iOS behavior...but they do not work as well as the original...
*Video playback support is not as good as on the iOS...I know there are many video players, but iOS offers much better compatibility with mp4 files. MKV files on the other hand play very well on Android too (you need an app on iOS for that..)
*The fact that Dropbox runs in the background on Android and saves taken pictures automatically is great, but on iOS we have Photostream that does the exact same thing, and is much better integrated in the OS..
* The OS is not as polished as iOS and looks worse too! I don't believe I am saying that, but iOS 7 is beautiful...
*No FaceTime and no iMessages...Hangouts is a joke of an application. I am sorry Google fans, but you haven't probably seen Messages and FaceTime working...It's like night and day

About the HTC One M8: It is a great device, has great screen (but with much worse color accuracy compared to the iPhone), has amazing speakers which I will really miss, but it is too big to carry around..After using it for almost three weeks, I can safely say that I don't want such a big phone...I don't want to always worry how I am going to carry it with me, or how I am going to hold it...I believe the current iPhone is a little bit small, so a size up to 4,7" (as a maximum), is ok. If the rumors are true, the next iPhone will offer a 4,7" size...

So, I ordered an iPhone 5S and it comes on Monday morning...Goodbye Android, I will not miss you.

I switched to Android two weeks ago. I have no hate for my ex iPhone 5, iOS is a fine OS, but I enjoy my Moto X quite a bit and have no intention of leaving it.

1. I agree with the apps situation, iOS has better quality apps. But Android has a lot of options so I take care chose the absolute best. The apps I have work well except Facebook which lags like hell. I delete it and I use the web interface.

2. The Moto X active notification scene is a suitable replacement for the iOS lock screen notifications, I prefer it actually. I hear there apps/widgets for lock screen notifications though.

3. I am using Google photos for automatic backup. It see!s to work as I photos do, and I can access my photos from any browser. The photo editor tools in the photos app and on Google+ are awesome.

4. I never connected my iPhone to Mac. I see Chrome so things like reminders come thru there. Calendars and contacts sync well with OSX. Not sure what other syncing you need.

5. Facetime and iMessage I do miss but all of my friends are accessible elsewhere too.

I bought this phone with the plan to return to a bigger iPhone if one came out. Now I am not so sure. I am enjoying Android considerably.

You need to be a bit more open minded. Try to make thew phone work for you. If it doesn't no harm done, go back to iOS. Taste and preference is a very subjective matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

I switched to Android two weeks ago. I have no hate for my ex iPhone 5, iOS is a fine OS, but I enjoy my Moto X quite a bit and have no intention of leaving it.

Touching some of your points.

1. I agree with the apps situation, iOS has better quality apps. But Android has a lot of options so I take care chose the absolute best. The apps I have work well except Facebook which lags like hell. I delete it and I use the web interface.

2. The Moto X active notification scene is a suitable replacement for the iOS lock screen notifications, I prefer it actually. I hear there apps/widgets for lock screen notifications though.

3. I am using Google photos for automatic backup. It see!s to work as I photos do, and I can access my photos from any browser. The photo editor tools in the photos app and on Google+ are awesome.

4. I never connected my iPhone to Mac. I see Chrome so things like reminders come thru there. Calendars and contacts sync well with OSX. Not sure what other syncing you need.

5. Facetime and iMessage I do miss but all of my friends are accessible elsewhere too.

I bought this phone with the plan to return to a bigger iPhone if one came out. Now I am not so sure. I am enjoying Android considerably.

You need to be a bit more open minded. Try to make thew phone work for you. If it doesn't no harm done, go back to iOS. Taste and preference is a very subjective matter.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

If you have productive commentary to offer, please feel free to contribute it. Contrariwise, if you do not care for a post, there is no need to respond. Move along! Move along!

Thanks!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I would say that Android's app quality spans a larger range. There are many that are subpar, yes, but also many that are top-notch. Unfortunately, just about every category of apps could use more of the latter.

In what sense? Quantity? Referring to the above, depending on your standards and preferences for apps, I can't fault you for looking favorably at iOS ? especially since you're used to the platform and its apps.

I would disagree, and also propose that it depends on making full use of the platform. I see Android (on most devices) as offering more to stave off boredom than stock iOS (even given the changes since 7.0). But again, you're used to the iOS environment. Finding a platform both pleasing and entertaining (captivating?) depends as much on your personal preference as it does on the platform itself.

Android supports lockscreen notifications in the notification shade when security methods aren't set. With them set, you'll be looking at third-party widgets like the popular DashClock by Roman Nurik. If you're looking for native lockscreen notifications with security set, you're right.

I'm not fully familiar with native video support on iOS, so my only thought here is to mention the also-popular MX Player.

Google has built their services to integrate very well with the platform, and Google+ Auto-Backup and the accompanying Photos app do a fantastic job of this in my opinion. The new Storage Access Framework is very powerful, and is a component that iOS currently lacks. It allows apps to expose their content through a unified API for other apps to access. This was already possible to some degree, though not with the interface we now have, and the new framework is backwards-compatible with apps that previously made content available to other apps.

iOS 8 wants: Files.app + DocumentPicker, because file handling on iPhone and iPad has hit a brick wall | iMore

I understand that completely.

It's a balance of function and form. I absolutely prefer Android's looks to those of iOS 7, but again, personal preference plays a large role... plus, some of the recent additions (see full-screen lockscreen album art) look fantastic.

I wouldn't say it's a joke. There's always room for improvement, and it does rely significantly on knowing others who use Hangouts, but the SMS integration should help address that as more devices receive 4.4 updates.

I understand this as well; I find the M8 to be manageable for sure, but I'd also agree that the "sweet spot" is between the two (M8 and iPhone). Moto X owners would agree. :)

Don't be a stranger to iMore!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

You know what frustrates me about iOS, the lack of real sharing intents. Let me give you an example. The Mail app. Try attaching one of those photos that is uploaded to your photo stream to an email. I dare you. You can't. I know, because I spent an hour trying to make it happen. You know what the solution is? Install the Gmail app!

You know what else bothers me? The homescreens. Rather, the grid of apps. You know what I have on Android instead? Anything I want! If I don't like Sense I'll install NOVA/APEX/Action/GNL/anynumberofotherlaunchersthatmakesmyexperiencedifferentthanSense and feel like I have a new phone. That's what I did when I got tired of TouchWiz on the S5. You absolutely cannot change the way iOS functions or looks the way you can with Android. Oh who am I kidding. You can change the wallpaper on iOS. Cool. I did that on my flip phone back in the day also.

I'm not really a fan of Dropbox for photo sync. Maybe Flickr, or Photobucket, or G+, or Box, or Facebook. I have options. I like options. I like being able to change my keyboard, or camera app, or music player, or web browser (Chrome on iOS is just a shell on top of Apple's crappy rendering engine).

But iOS is great for people that are ok with not having any of those things that I mentioned.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I tried, spent a lot of money in apps, but I miss my iPhone. Android is a great OS, don't misunderstand me, it's apparently though not for me, at least not yet.
I wish the HTC M8 run iOS..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Android is absolutely terrible at trying to replicate iOS and vice-versa. They're not meant to work the same way, but different philosophical approaches to slightly different problems and those different approaches appeal to different people for various reasons. To me, though there is a lot of overlap in the areas that they cover, I don't even really see them as direct responses to the same question.

It's important for us to be patient and helpful to those trying to right-size their personal use cases with the various OS's and keep in mind that they're not coming from the identical perspective that we are. On the same note, it's also important that we are able to be aware of our own interests, biases and lenses when we recognize that something just isn't working out and something we liked previously was a better fit. It's a good thing that there are options. Personally, I love the Android approach most of the time and I don't really fully comprehend the iOS option, but it is definitely in our favor that there are choices and that they contrast each other's strengths.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You know what frustrates me about iOS, the lack of real sharing intents. Let me give you an example. The Mail app. Try attaching one of those photos that is uploaded to your photo stream to an email. I dare you. You can't. I know, because I spent an hour trying to make it happen. You know what the solution is? Install the Gmail app!

You know what else bothers me? The homescreens. Rather, the grid of apps. You know what I have on Android instead? Anything I want! If I don't like Sense I'll install NOVA/APEX/Action/GNL/anynumberofotherlaunchersthatmakesmyexperiencedifferentthanSense and feel like I have a new phone. That's what I did when I got tired of TouchWiz on the S5. You absolutely cannot change the way iOS functions or looks the way you can with Android. Oh who am I kidding. You can change the wallpaper on iOS. Cool. I did that on my flip phone back in the day also.

I'm not really a fan of Dropbox for photo sync. Maybe Flickr, or Photobucket, or G+, or Box, or Facebook. I have options. I like options. I like being able to change my keyboard, or camera app, or music player, or web browser (Chrome on iOS is just a shell on top of Apple's crappy rendering engine).

But iOS is great for people that are ok with not having any of those things that I mentioned.

I agree about the mail.app and the attachments situation. At the end of the day I had to ask myself, how often do I need that? The answer was: Almost never. But of course, this is just me.
Different people, different OSes. I think that's great!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't seem like you gave Android enough time.

1. "App quality is most of the times worse than on iOS. There are some good apps out there though. An example of a whole app category where iOS is unbeatable: Calendar and Tasks apps..It's like night and day. The Google Play store cannot be compared to the AppStore..."

So because calenders and tasks is hard to set up must mean the entire Play Store is worthless?

2. "Notifications: The lock screen notifications of iOS are much better than any plugin or widget can accomplish on Android. Android does't natively support lock screen notifications, but there are widgets and apps that imitate iOS behavior...but they do not work as well as the original..."

I have notifications on my lock screen :/

3."If you are not prepared to root your device, then Android OS gets also boring, as iOS...Maybe because both OS work pretty well..."

Rooting won't make your device more fun then it is if you don't know how to use it properly.

4. "Video playback support is not as good as on the iOS...I know there are many video players, but iOS offers much better compatibility with mp4 files. MKV files on the other hand play very well on Android too (you need an app on iOS for that..)"

I wholeheartedly disagree. Video playback on Android is one of the best I've seen on a mobile OS. There are some great third party apps like MX Player or BS Player. What's wrong with using third party apps?

5."The fact that Dropbox runs in the background on Android and saves taken pictures automatically is great, but on iOS we have Photostream that does the exact same thing, and is much better integrated in the OS.."

????

6."The lack of Mac integration can be frustrating at times..."

You could use Airdroid to transfer files.

7. The OS is not as polished as iOS and looks worse too! I don't believe I am saying that, but iOS 7 is beautiful...

I know iOS Biased person is biased.

8. "No FaceTime and no iMessages...Hangouts is a joke of an application. I am sorry Google fans, but you haven't probably seen Messages and FaceTime working...It's like night and day"

Hangouts ain't that bad really. I use it a lot now. Messaging on iOS isn't that bad either. I think it's pretty good too. I've never used Facetime. I just use Skype :)

There is no denying that iOS has matured a lot as an OS, but a lot of the reasons you gave I do not agree with. That's just my two cents.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I would say that Android's app quality spans a larger range. There are many that are subpar, yes, but also many that are top-notch. Unfortunately, just about every category of apps could use more of the latter.

In what sense? Quantity? Referring to the above, depending on your standards and preferences for apps, I can't fault you for looking favorably at iOS — especially since you're used to the platform and its apps.

I would disagree, and also propose that it depends on making full use of the platform. I see Android (on most devices) as offering more to stave off boredom than stock iOS (even given the changes since 7.0). But again, you're used to the iOS environment. Finding a platform both pleasing and entertaining (captivating?) depends as much on your personal preference as it does on the platform itself.

Android supports lockscreen notifications in the notification shade when security methods aren't set. With them set, you'll be looking at third-party widgets like the popular DashClock by Roman Nurik. If you're looking for native lockscreen notifications with security set, you're right.

I'm not fully familiar with native video support on iOS, so my only thought here is to mention the also-popular MX Player.

Google has built their services to integrate very well with the platform, and Google+ Auto-Backup and the accompanying Photos app do a fantastic job of this in my opinion. The new Storage Access Framework is very powerful, and is a component that iOS currently lacks. It allows apps to expose their content through a unified API for other apps to access. This was already possible to some degree, though not with the interface we now have, and the new framework is backwards-compatible with apps that previously made content available to other apps.

iOS 8 wants: Files.app + DocumentPicker, because file handling on iPhone and iPad has hit a brick wall | iMore

I understand that completely.

It's a balance of function and form. I absolutely prefer Android's looks to those of iOS 7, but again, personal preference plays a large role... plus, some of the recent additions (see full-screen lockscreen album art) look fantastic.

I wouldn't say it's a joke. There's always room for improvement, and it does rely significantly on knowing others who use Hangouts, but the SMS integration should help address that as more devices receive 4.4 updates.

I understand this as well; I find the M8 to be manageable for sure, but I'd also agree that the "sweet spot" is between the two (M8 and iPhone). Moto X owners would agree. :)

Don't be a stranger to iMore!

I have MX Player Pro. Try opening an m4v video and pausing it. Try resuming the video afterwards...

MKVs play great though.

Yes, I am very much used to iOS and I like the freedom of Android, but you know, I like experiencing feelings when I use sth, and Android didn't do that to me. iOS does...Who knows why?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I have MX Player Pro. Try opening an m4v video and pausing it. Try resuming the video afterwards...

MKVs play great though.

Yes, I am very much used to iOS and I like the freedom of Android, but you know, I like experiencing feelings when I use sth, and Android didn't do that to me. iOS does...Who knows why?

Fair enough. All I will say is that given more time to adjust and explore the platform, learn its nuances, and appreciate the Intents system and modular approach to apps (replace your keyboard, homescreen, lockscreen, and so forth), your mind may be changed. You won't have the same experience unless you adopt a larger portion of the Google ecosystem, however, and so if you'd like to stay with Apple, the iPhone is probably the way to go.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't seem like you gave Android enough time.

1. "App quality is most of the times worse than on iOS. There are some good apps out there though. An example of a whole app category where iOS is unbeatable: Calendar and Tasks apps..It's like night and day. The Google Play store cannot be compared to the AppStore..."

So because calenders and tasks is hard to set up must mean the entire Play Store is worthless?

2. "Notifications: The lock screen notifications of iOS are much better than any plugin or widget can accomplish on Android. Android does't natively support lock screen notifications, but there are widgets and apps that imitate iOS behavior...but they do not work as well as the original..."

I have notifications on my lock screen :/

3."If you are not prepared to root your device, then Android OS gets also boring, as iOS...Maybe because both OS work pretty well..."

Rooting won't make your device more fun then it is if you don't know how to use it properly.

4. "Video playback support is not as good as on the iOS...I know there are many video players, but iOS offers much better compatibility with mp4 files. MKV files on the other hand play very well on Android too (you need an app on iOS for that..)"

I wholeheartedly disagree. Video playback on Android is one of the best I've seen on a mobile OS. There are some great third party apps like MX Player or BS Player. What's wrong with using third party apps?

5."The fact that Dropbox runs in the background on Android and saves taken pictures automatically is great, but on iOS we have Photostream that does the exact same thing, and is much better integrated in the OS.."

????

6."The lack of Mac integration can be frustrating at times..."

You could use Airdroid to transfer files.

7. The OS is not as polished as iOS and looks worse too! I don't believe I am saying that, but iOS 7 is beautiful...

I know iOS Biased person is biased.

8. "No FaceTime and no iMessages...Hangouts is a joke of an application. I am sorry Google fans, but you haven't probably seen Messages and FaceTime working...It's like night and day"

Hangouts ain't that bad really. I use it a lot now. Messaging on iOS isn't that bad either. I think it's pretty good too. I've never used Facetime. I just use Skype :)

There is no denying that iOS has matured a lot as an OS, but a lot of the reasons you gave I do not agree with. That's just my two cents.

The Google Play store is not worthless, it's just not as good as the Appstore. Not yet at least.
Calendar apps like Fantastical, Week Calendar and Agenda view are nowhere to be found...I used Acalendar, Business Cal Pro, Touchdown...Nowhere as good.

I also have notifications on my lock screen. I use Nils floating panel. You know what though? I also have a pin, so many times, when I wake up my device, the pin keyboard appears, and covers a little bit of the notifications. Why? Because the whole thing is not integrated.

Video playback: I have MX Player Pro..

Airdroid: Yes, I do use it and it's good, but that is not what I meant with integration. I want sync with Aperture for my pictures for example..Not possible...
Of course the looks of an OS is subjective. So it is my subjective opinion that iOS looks better...That doesn't mean that Android is bad. Both OSes are very good.
Hangouts would be nice if it had a proper desktop client for Mac and Windows. I want to chat with people using real computers too...The web client is not my idea of app...

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Fair enough. All I will say is that given more time to adjust and explore the platform, learn its nuances, and appreciate the Intents system and modular approach to apps (replace your keyboard, homescreen, lockscreen, and so forth), your mind may be changed. You won't have the same experience unless you adopt a larger portion of the Google ecosystem, however, and so if you'd like to stay with Apple, the iPhone is probably the way to go.

I use Macs all the way, and there is no way I am going to get rid of them. I want to use Things (a tasks app) on my Mac, but it only has an iOS client...
I use Day One Journal on my Mac, but it only has an iOS client..
and the list goes on and on.

I tried to be open minded, I spent more than 300$ in apps!! I really enjoy the big screen and the great sound of the M8, but I have this feeling that sth is missing...

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Something I need to say though: I enjoyed the discussions on the Android forum, much better than on Apple forums, like Macrumors.
I understand being a fanboy, but people should always treat others with respect.
I love Apple, many would also call me a fanboy, but I always respect others and their opinions.

It's great we have choices.. Apple and Google, they both need each other. They need the competition, otherwise they become stale and they stop improving things.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I will give you credit for trying Android in your particular situation. I probably wouldn't have if I was so ingrained in the Apple ecosystem.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

The Google Play store is not worthless, it's just not as good as the Appstore. Not yet at least.
Calendar apps like Fantastical, Week Calendar and Agenda view are nowhere to be found...I used Acalendar, Business Cal Pro, Touchdown...Nowhere as good.

I also have notifications on my lock screen. I use Nils floating panel. You know what though? I also have a pin, so many times, when I wake up my device, the pin keyboard appears, and covers a little bit of the notifications. Why? Because the whole thing is not integrated.

Video playback: I have MX Player Pro..

Airdroid: Yes, I do use it and it's good, but that is not what I meant with integration. I want sync with Aperture for my pictures for example..Not possible...
Of course the looks of an OS is subjective. So it is my subjective opinion that iOS looks better...That doesn't mean that Android is bad. Both OSes are very good.
Hangouts would be nice if it had a proper desktop client for Mac and Windows. I want to chat with people using real computers too...The web client is not my idea of app...

I see your perspective now. You want features directly integrated into the OS. In a way, you are right, but Android is addressing a lot of these things.

Android 4.4 solves the problem with notifications on the lock screen.

For calendars, I just use the stock calendar for notifications.

The Play Store suffers from lots of really trashy apps, but that's also the beauty of it. I think it's a lot easier to share ideas on the play store then on the app store.

MX Player can play anything! :)

The hangouts web app works well but a desktop client would be neat.

Anyways, I understand your position a little bit more now.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I use Macs all the way, and there is no way I am going to get rid of them. I want to use Things (a tasks app) on my Mac, but it only has an iOS client...
I use Day One Journal on my Mac, but it only has an iOS client..
and the list goes on and on.

I tried to be open minded, I spent more than 300$ in apps!! I really enjoy the big screen and the great sound of the M8, but I have this feeling that sth is missing...

From my point of view, I think comparing apps and programs that are iOS only versus Android is going to hamstring any objectivity. It would be similar to wanting to take an Audi R8 engine to put it in a Mustang, and then blame the Mustang as the engine compartment cannot accept it.

The argument about apps in general to a degree is true, but that has long been changing. Apps are more clean than they were 2 years ago, and quite possibly will change in the years to come.

Lockscreen notifications can be hit and miss depending on the setup of the device. Not every OEM will have it. The Moto X active Notifications are quite similar.

Rooting....it does open up more doors for customizing your device. But, as opposed to a couple years ago, rooting is not required for many things. Changing a launcher (non root option) can add so much more options for making your device unique.

Dropbox...something to keep in mind, as this goes along for apps as well, but with each skinned version of Android, developers are dealing with different variables. It's not quite like an overlay of Vanilla Android, but changes that are deeply ingrained in the OS. So, Sense, even though it is Android, acts a little differently from Vanilla. Also, to mention, different hardware setups, chipsets, screen sizes and definitions.

However, I will admit you gave it a pretty fair chance. That is better than many other people. To each their own.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I see your perspective now. You want features directly integrated into the OS. In a way, you are right, but Android is addressing a lot of these things.

Android 4.4 solves the problem with notifications on the lock screen.

For calendars, I just use the stock calendar for notifications.

The Play Store suffers from lots of really trashy apps, but that's also the beauty of it. I think it's a lot easier to share ideas on the play store then on the app store.

MX Player can play anything! :)

The hangouts web app works well but a desktop client would be neat.

Anyways, I understand your position a little bit more now.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk

I believe that OS integration is the way to go. Having to put all pieces of the puzzle myself can be fun and the idea is certainly great, but if the OS comes with more feature integration, everything works more smoothly.

One example: I got the HTC headphones with the volume buttons. Guess what? these buttons do not work in all apps..Why?

A friend of mine got a Nexus 5. He had an iPhone 3GS before. He also has a Mac and he wanted to sync his local contacts with his Nexus.

(he doesn't want to put anything on the cloud..)

He had to get Syncmate, enable developer mode on his device and then enable USB debugging, in order to do that simple thing..He couldn't believe that this was necessary and without my help he would never be able to make it..
Small examples where Android must get better.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You will probably think that I am crazy, but I turned on my HTC One and I knew I am sending it back, and for the first time I felt that I don't want to part from it.
I miss a lot of things from the iPhone though, so I don't really know what to do...

Posted via Android Central App