Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By xchange
  • 1 Post By lolwurst
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default android or iOS tablet wise?

Which is netter tablet wise an iOS device or android?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: android or iOS tablet wise?

You mean which is better? This is obviously a very subjective issue. It's probably better to ask, "Which tablet OS do you like better?"

Personally, I prefer Android (as will most people on this forum, since it's Android Central). I love the customizability of the OS, the constant improvements and innovations from Google, the continuously expanding app selection, and sheer variety of hardware available. I also much prefer the typical proportions of Android tablets--I'm not a fan of the 4:3 screen ratio, which means wider devices in portrait mode that are harder to hold one-handed.

The old arguments of better app selection on iOS and smoother performance don't really apply any more--at least, not with modern Android tablets.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You mean which is better? This is obviously a very subjective issue. It's probably better to ask, "Which tablet OS do you like better?"

Personally, I prefer Android (as will most people on this forum, since it's Android Central). I love the customizability of the OS, the constant improvements and innovations from Google, the continuously expanding app selection, and sheer variety of hardware available. I also much prefer the typical proportions of Android tablets--I'm not a fan of the 4:3 screen ratio, which means wider devices in portrait mode that are harder to hold one-handed.

The old arguments of better app selection on iOS and smoother performance don't really apply any more--at least, not with modern Android tablets.
    IOS also has most of the good cases

Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

Windows... Why do you want a blown up phone when you could have a shrunken computer?

I love android but here are my reasons why I went with iOS/64GB iPad Air LTE because I'm a Mac user and I do purchase a lot of TV Shows which are Protected. I'll be honest I hate downloading and converting files.

I'm not into apps only have about 10 but Apple just supports it much better.

Design and Build Quality. The Air is simply amazing.

LTE. I can't find any android tablets up here in the GTA with it.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by ahawkua View Post

Yeah, but I don't choose my devices based on what kinds of accessories they have. It's more important to me to have a device that works the way I want it to work, and to do it well.

I hope you're joking, to pick a tablet because of a case. It reminds me an ex colleague who bought Apple laptop because the apple logo looked cool.

i prefer android, but there is no denying that my daughter's airpad is quite slick, and quite frankly, superior to any of the devices i have. true, i don't have any state of the art tablet, the newest i have is the N7 2012.

i'll never go apple, but that is my own issue. i will say, that as much of an android fanboy as i am, that my next tablet will be windows. i have a windows phone.....a $50 lumia, and the thing is FAR slicker than my moto x, lg optimus G, or S4. i'm probably a year away from getting a new tab, and a whole bunch can change in that time period, but as things stand today i'll be looking at a lumia tablet. figure microsoft will have fully brought the lumia line into the fold by then, and as far as builds go, i've always preferred sony or nokia aesthetics and build quality.

I'd never grab an Android tablet over an iPad unless I was being budget conscious.

That being said, if you plan on just watching movies or playing games and don't care about future support, might as well grab a cheap Android tab and call it a day.

If you intend on using your tablet for a bit more and care about updates then Apple is your friend.

All in all, I'd also consider a Surface Pro. They're actually great devices!

Posted from my TARDIS!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heyjohnnybravo View Post
    I'd never grab an Android tablet over an iPad unless I was being budget conscious.

That being said, if you plan on just watching movies or playing games and don't care about future support, might as well grab a cheap Android tab and call it a day.

If you intend on using your tablet for a bit more and care about updates then Apple is your friend.

All in all, I'd also consider a Surface Pro. They're actually great devices!

Posted from my TARDIS!
    Are they really? Do they make an otterbox

Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    Windows... Why do you want a blown up phone when you could have a shrunken computer?
    My thoughts exactly!
    I'm not much of a fan of iOS so I bought a windows tab recently. I admire Apple for making wonderful devices though that could withstand any toss and turn by a toddler but that's all. I prefer my OS more cheap and have more space for improvement. My phone's an Android and I'm happy with it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I'm all in with android for all my mobile devices simply because I find it easier so obviously I'm going to say an android tablet. I'm also a hardware upgrade fiend so I'm not willing to drop $700 or more every year to do that with an iPad
    Wildo6882 and A895 like this.

In this space I choose ipad mainly because I have a mac pro, mac mini and a couple apple tv's all these things work in harmony. I do love my android for my mobile phone but for how I use a tablet and with all the other ecosystem stuff I have with apple I don't see me changing anytime soon. I like having the best of both worlds.

I will say tho being in both ecosystems can be somewhat of a pain.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Which is better tablet wise an iOS device or android?
    If you just need basic functions and do not care about what iOS can't do, and you have deep pockets, buy an Apple tablet. They are well built and will get good support and usually have very good specs (Apple's phones might suck, but their tablets are really good usually for specs). And there are lots of peripherals made for them.

Android tablets will be cheaper and more expandable (storage-wise) and will have more functionality.

"Better" depends on your needs. For most people (not everyone but most), Android tablets will be better IMO. That being said, I would not advise buying a non-Nexus tablet if you are buying Android.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

iOS tablets > Android tablets
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by BitStern View Post
    iOS tablets > Android tablets
    The Nexus 7 destroys the iPad Mini...even the Retina one. Despite the fact that it's half a year older. Especially on the display.
    Mini Tablet Display Technology Shoot-Out

The Nexus is brighter while still having a wider color gamut (better color accuracy) and contrast and higher PPI...it's PPI actually matches the iPhone retina, not the iPad. It's display is also less reflective (making it easier to see outdoors). This is on a tablet that is significantly cheaper than the iPad.

The iPad will still have the inherent limitations of iOS as well.

android, as always.. i just love the freedom..
    A895 likes this.