05-20-2014 02:59 PM
    This video made me happy because the S5 lagged and Samsung got destroyed just like that awful company deserves.
    05-20-2014 10:18 PM
    This is why Vendor skins need to die. I have yet to see a single skin that has actually improved the experience. At least not in the last several years.

The wheel does not need to be re-invented.
    05-21-2014 03:41 PM
    This is why Vendor skins need to die. I have yet to see a single skin that has actually improved the experience. At least not in the last several years.

Samsung Behold II (T-Mobile) review - CNET

That was my favorite one, back when Samsung said that every Android phone would get every update as they came out.
    05-21-2014 04:02 PM
    This video made me happy because the S5 lagged and Samsung got destroyed just like that awful company deserves.
    And what if they do a video where the Moto E does these things faster than phones like the HTC One M8 or LG G2?
    05-21-2014 11:23 PM

How much faster should a Nexus 5 do these tasks compared to a Moto E?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    05-22-2014 12:37 AM
    And what if they do a video where the Moto E does these things faster than phones like the HTC One M8 or LG G2?
    I'm a Windows Phone user so I'd be okay with that. As far as Android goes, I wouldn't use anything but a Motorola or perhaps a Oneplus device.
    05-22-2014 01:34 AM
    How much faster should a Nexus 5 do these tasks compared to a Moto E?
    Well, the Moto E is slower than the Moto X, and we already know the Nexus 5 is noticeably faster than the Moto X. Jerry unintentionally demonstrated that for us in this video. I would expect the nexus to be twice as fast or almost twice as fast, at least.

(Time index 0:10 to 0:23) - He was intending to demonstrate how cool the voice only control is on the Moto X. But he also demonstrated how much slower it is than the Nexus 5.

So far I have never seen any side-by-side comparison showing any Android phone faster or smoother than the Nexus 5. They might exist, but I have not seen them. If the overlay makes the UI slower, it should be uninstallable at the very least.
    05-22-2014 09:45 AM
    Well, the Moto E is slower than the Moto X, and we already know the Nexus 5 is noticeably faster than the Moto X. Jerry unintentionally demonstrated that for us in this video. I would expect the nexus to be twice as fast or almost twice as fast, at least.

(Time index 0:10 to 0:23) - He was intending to demonstrate how cool the voice only control is on the Moto X. But he also demonstrated how much slower it is than the Nexus 5.

So far I have never seen any side-by-side comparison showing any Android phone faster or smoother than the Nexus 5. They might exist, but I have not seen them. If the overlay makes the UI slower, it should be uninstallable at the very least.
    I'd like to see it up against the Oneplus. I'd like a general comparison video though. I want to like the Nexus 5 and almost kept it but I just don't like the camera and I'm a bit of a camera geek when it comes to my phones. It's not awful, there are just better offerings on all platforms. That said, the device was sound. I took it for a daily driver for about two days but found myself seeking a charger by 4 PM. That was probably it's real downfall for me. I wonder if they have extended external batteries for those like the Lumias get... Hmm...
    05-22-2014 11:52 AM