Please stop me! I'm thinking of buying Blackberry Z30

Should I buy blackberry Z30?

• Total voters

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a moto g, quite happy with it. However lately I've been thinking of getting Blackberry Z30. Convince me not to!

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Why should anyone convince you not to? You are a free person to choose whatever device that you want. Very strange thread. Why ask? Go and buy whatever pleases you. Don't get this??????,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

evilcmac

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a moto G a Z30 and a Q5 and I fully recommend that you do get the Z30 if you actually can get one it's the bees knees you'll be amazed! I'm actually only here right now because my moto won't even turn on right now and maybe AC can help

Posted via Android Central App

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a moto G a Z30 and a Q5 and I fully recommend that you do get the Z30 if you actually can get one it's the bees knees you'll be amazed! I'm actually only here right now because my moto won't even turn on right now and maybe AC can help

Posted via Android Central App

Hi, thanks for your comment. The only thing that is stopping me so far is like @ios gravity posted, z30 is not unbreakable like moto g, although he posted about z10 so I wanted to ask you, does z30 have a gorilla glass and is like waterproof to an extent like moto g is?

The reason i'm really interested in z30 is cause it seems to support android apps now.

I was also wondering does z30 have something like avast anti theft through which I could possibly wipe the mobile if it gets stolen?

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your comment. The only thing that is stopping me so far is like @ios gravity posted, z30 is not unbreakable like moto g, although he posted about z10 so I wanted to ask you, does z30 have a gorilla glass and is like waterproof to an extent like moto g is?

The reason i'm really interested in z30 is cause it seems to support android apps now.

I was also wondering does z30 have something like avast anti theft through which I could possibly wipe the mobile if it gets stolen?

Yes, BlackBerry Protect allows you to remotely wipe the phone, track the phone, lock the phone, display a message on the screen, and force it to make a loud ear bleeding sound....which is helpful when you can't find the phone in your house while it's on vibrate/silent.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, BlackBerry Protect allows you to remotely wipe the phone, track the phone, lock the phone, display a message on the screen, and force it to make a loud ear bleeding sound....which is helpful when you can't find the phone in your house while it's on vibrate/silent.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

I found that on z30 if you enter your password incorrectly 10 times, it automatically wipes your phone clean and there is no way to override that setting. That kind of sucks.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Could I recommend a WINDOWS 8 PHONE??? got a Lumia 520 myself, very impressive device. At that price range you could get a nokia Lumia 1020.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mobile Nations mobile app

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
One thought as a guy who finally bought a new car after 18 years...will your BlackBerry pair with any new in car tech? I realized that my WP that I had prior to my MAXX would have rendered thousands of dollars worth of in car tech useless to me from a variety of manufacturers...(I ended up with Toyota). You may not care but just another thing to consider. My MAXX plays nice with my Toyota's etune system...I know Mercedes and Apple are kissing up big time now. What a shock for you when you go for a new car and can't access basic apps.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(5830442)

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Why should anyone convince you not to? You are a free person to choose whatever device that you want. Very strange thread. Why ask? Go and buy whatever pleases you. Don't get this??????,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

He is just asking for opinions on strengths and weaknesses of the phone, he didn't mean to literally stop him. Some ppl are plain thick.

msnawe

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Well I made the mistake to sell my Z30 to buy an android phone. I needed a dual SIM

Oh I forgot how android is frustrating!! I want my Z30 back!

Whether navigating the home screens, or doing regular things like email, instant messaging, phone calls etc...

And the blackberry touch screen keyboard is just so good at making typing easier. There is no other keyboard that comes close.

And I miss the hub, overall there is still no phone with a better user experience even after 2 years.

I want my Z30 back !!

As soon as there is a BlackBerry 10 dual SIM, I fully quit Android.

anon(6038817)

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I just switched from a Z30 to a Moto G 2nd Gen and not looking back. BB10 has a lot going for it, but lack of popular apps has always been a huge weakness for it. The native Facebook and Twitter apps are buggy and in dire need of updating. And if you use Google products and services, you won't be able to use most of them on the Z30. You can run Android apps on it, but it does not support Google Play Services.

The Z30 hardware is fantastic, though, and the OS itself is solid. If you value productivity and communication above all else, it might be a good fit for you.

Sent from my Moto G via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2