Why do people buy Samsung Galaxy Phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Is it a giant marketing thing or are the general public that stupid ?? I've used the s2 and s3 and didn't get it back then. The design is awful they all look pretty much the same, they feel cheap and plastic for an apparent high end phone and even the UI looks tacky I'm sorry but when paying this money aesthetics matter, especially when the internals are fairly similar at this level. I just think it's laziness on behalf of the consumer who'll buy one just coz its a Samsung....

(I'm removing the note series from this as I've never used or held one to make any judgement)

Posted via Android Central App

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
No just fed up of the Samsung hype over [inappropriate language removed by moderators]

Last edited by a moderator:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If your friends have them and if its your first device much like the iPhone....People can show you how to use the phone. I don't support the iPhone but I got my mom to put down her BB by getting her an iPhone 5c this past Christmas. She lives in TN and I'm in VT. But all her friends have iPhones. SO she was able to pick it up quickly.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Simple. Marketing.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras. " - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I went with Samsung becsuse of the broad installed base. Figured they must be doing something near right. And if I need help, plenty should be available. Oh, and they make great TVs.

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've upgraded from a Nokia brick to this phone... I'm hating it, I should've bought HTC One.

Sent from my SM-G900F using AC Forums mobile app

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If your friends have them and if its your first device much like the iPhone....People can show you how to use the phone. I don't support the iPhone but I got my mom to put down her BB by getting her an iPhone 5c this past Christmas. She lives in TN and I'm in VT. But all her friends have iPhones. SO she was able to pick it up quickly.

But it's not tho android phones run off same base Os at this level it's the skin and ui that changes and I would've thought they'd be fairly easy to explain no matter what I get iPhones I get the pick up n go set up just don't get the galaxy phones when there's better phones available

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No just fed up of the Samsung hype over [inappropriate language removed by moderators]

You seem to not like their phones. That's cool and that's your right to do so.. Hence why it's your opinion... :).

I happen to disagree. I love my Note 3 and am looking forward to the Note 4... I hope it'll be worth the upgrade. I'm considering other phones as well but not due to hating my Note... Mainly due to me liking lots of tech :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 2, and to be honest, I dont care if the phone is made of plastic. My first two smartphones were a HTC Thunderbolt and this. My TBolt has come out of its case 3 times in as many years, and if I take my Note out of its case, I'm sitting at a table to clean the screen protector/get any dust out of it. Getting a case on a phone=logic.

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I like my Samsung s4 because it has a removable battery, a great screen, and I don't care about the plastic build because I always use a case.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Firstly I don't get cases, many companies go through alot to get a design that works. I will use the Z2 for example it has such a great design and the Htc one M8 and many buy for in part aesthetics (not saying that is the sole reason) but it is a Factor for many. Then you go and slap a case on completely changing that and often they are bulky and repulsive in my own opinion. Unless they are the otter box defender many fail in ultimate protection and like myself bought a ?30 case $60 and phone landed face down even with a slight lip screen cracked go figure lol

Onto Samsung I don't dislike their products I have owned the S3,S4,Mega and still have the Note 3 and liked them all and never had any major issues. I quite simply got fed up with gimmicks and this is a debate everything is a Gimmick but Samsungs over use drove me to the Nexus 5 and now the Xperia Z2 which I really enjoy using.

There is nothing wrong with plastic builds, but for a sense of feel and appearance the Htc and Z2 do provide that touch of class and it shows that time and thought went inti their product. In Samsungs case it seems a bit rushed but it's not the case as they are now offering with the S5 water resistanance and keeping things removable. However even with this it does come over in their product that the design team must of been those that are permenently inebriated lol

Whatever your views it's of a personal preference and that an entitlement as is those that choose to have the opposite opinion lol

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You seem to not like their phones. That's cool and that's your right to do so.. Hence why it's your opinion... :).

I happen to disagree. I love my Note 3 and am looking forward to the Note 4... I hope it'll be worth the upgrade. I'm considering other phones as well but not due to hating my Note... Mainly due to me liking lots of tech :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I agree with Almeuit on its all a matter of opinion. He can verify my dislike of Samsung devices. I have grown to not like TW, and how bloated it is. But like he said, my opinion. I am actually happy for HTC doing well with the M8, and really hope the G3 sells like hotcakes.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just don't get the hype over them the UI looks tacky and the phone feels rushed and cheap to get it out n sell rather than them spending time making it feel like it should (top end phone should feel premium and it doesn't) just think Samsung could do so much more if they actually tried and it's just laziness

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Firstly I don't get cases, many companies go through alot to get a design that works. I will use the Z2 for example it has such a great design and the Htc one M8 and many buy for in part aesthetics (not saying that is the sole reason) but it is a Factor for many. Then you go and slap a case on completely changing that and often they are bulky and repulsive in my own opinion. Unless they are the otter box defender many fail in ultimate protection and like myself bought a ?30 case $60 and phone landed face down even with a slight lip screen cracked go figure lol

Onto Samsung I don't dislike their products I have owned the S3,S4,Mega and still have the Note 3 and liked them all and never had any major issues. I quite simply got fed up with gimmicks and this is a debate everything is a Gimmick but Samsungs over use drove me to the Nexus 5 and now the Xperia Z2 which I really enjoy using.

There is nothing wrong with plastic builds, but for a sense of feel and appearance the Htc and Z2 do provide that touch of class and it shows that time and thought went inti their product. In Samsungs case it seems a bit rushed but it's not the case as they are now offering with the S5 water resistanance and keeping things removable. However even with this it does come over in their product that the design team must of been those that are permenently inebriated lol

Whatever your views it's of a personal preference and that an entitlement as is those that choose to have the opposite opinion lol

Yes but the z2 is water/dustproof and still feels premium (not as premium as the M8 obviously 😁)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes but the z2 is water/dustproof and still feels premium (not as premium as the M8 obviously 😁)

Oi don't be dissing the Z2 in any way, I have acquired a particular set of skills, I will find you and I will kill you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000