Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 or Moto X?

Which one should I get? I'm on Sprint and in a fringe area. Which one would be better reception wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    ROM
    Which phone?

Default Re: Nexus 5 or Moto X?

My Nexus gets good reception, even in weak rural areas. The only phone I've seen beat it is my Blackberry q10.

My iPhone 5 came close, but the Nexus seems to drop less calls in low signal.

I'm also on Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 5
    Kindle Fire

Global Posts
    8,481 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Moto devices for the most part have excellent radios. Since I have not owned one, I couldn't say for sure if the Moto X would be better off than the Nexus 5 in that area.

Both are good devices in my opinion - I choose the Nexus 5 because I wanted to experience a Nexus device. The Moto X was top on my list before the Nexus 5 announcement. Either way, you can't go wrong with either device. Moto is running a special right now if you decide on getting an X - Reminder: Moto X penny down test drive begins tomorrow | Android Central

Let us know what you decide on getting .

Global Posts
    20,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

My X got better reception than my N5.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by terryh215 View Post
    Which one should I get? I'm on Sprint and in a fringe area. Which one would be better reception wise?
    Moto is known for having better radios in their hardware than most other Android phones. If reception is your main thing, the Moto X will be better.

That being said, the Nexus 5 has better hardware in pretty much every other way. And my reception was already decent before, and has improved since the 4.4.3 update.

Reception is critical. If it's really bad, you'll kill any phones battery quickly if you're not on wifi. My son owns a Moto X and I have the N5. My opinion is that the N5 is a better, faster, smoother operating device (though both are great phones)...but reception is critical. Buy both and return the one that doesn't perform as well.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    JeffDenver likes this.

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Reception is critical. If it's really bad, you'll kill any phones battery quickly if you're not on wifi. My son owns a Moto X and I have the N5. My opinion is that the N5 is a better, faster, smoother operating device (though both are great phones)...but reception is critical. Buy both and return the one that doesn't perform as well.
    I'd say this. If you have the cash for it.

Reception is different in different areas so it's hard for us to tell you what to do.

Posted via Android Central App